DIETING WITHOUT EXERCISING :(

Options
Last year in May I was in best shape of my life, running, boot camps, Zumba and more. My back did not take it well. I have IT band syndrome and found out that is all because of imbalance in my hips. I stopped exercising in June 2012. In October my Mom came from Poland and I decided that I will not be on a diet when we can cook together and have fun with food while she is here. So here I am: with my new Year Resolution, injured :( I am counting calories but need some mental support cause I know it will be hard. I have 27lbs to loose total. My first goal: 17lbs!!
Looking forward to meet other dieters that do not exercise for whatever reason :)

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation because I had major back surgery and I will be healing for a long time. I feel like I am worse off than I ever was! My only exercise is walking which is good for people with back issues. I had to drop my calories down to 1300 this time which can be tough as I lost on 1600 with exercise last time. They say it is 80% food and only 20% exercise. If you can get some walking in, and focus on your food you should lose just fine. We can still do this :smile:

PS, I am currently not adding any MFP friends but I am happy to give you encouragement here in the forums :flowerforyou: