For anyone that walks to work out.

Options
I use this website alll the time, and find it ten times more accurate than simply entering time and speed walked into the MFP calculator... It uses google maps so you can accurately log the route you walked, then it uses the map to work out gradients for a more accurate reading. You can also enter your speed, or time taken, plus your weight and it calculates calories burned according to route, weight, speed and distance.

Just thought I'd spread the word for anyone interested. The site is listed below;

http://www.walkjogrun.net/

:)

Replies

• jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'll have to check it out - thanks!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thank You. I am going to try it out tomorrow. I hike 4-7 miles about 2-3 times a week in local backwoods. If I get off the path I'll let you know!!! lol
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Excellent - I'm saving this to Favourites
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i use the endomondo app on my phone ,(android phone not iphone) it also uses gps and calculates your speed, time and cal burned based on your height weight gender and age. It also syncs with MFP which is nice But it does not work out hills ....
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i use the endomondo app on my phone ,(android phone not iphone) it also uses gps and calculates your speed, time and cal burned based on your height weight gender and age. It also syncs with MFP which is nice But it does not work out hills ....

I've been without a smart phone for so long, but have just treated myself to one so will be downloading this for sure, thanks :)
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I use gmap-pedometer.com. Also uses google maps and will track changes in elevation as well as calories burned either while walking/running or bicycling
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use gmap-pedometer.com. Also uses google maps and will track changes in elevation as well as calories burned either while walking/running or bicycling

is this an app?