HELP!! Need book suggestions ....

Options
I decided to go to amazon.com and see if I could find a couple of books for my kindle about weight loss, fitness, healthy eating, really anything to help me stay focused. There are so many options out there, I was wondering if anyone has read any good weight loss, fitness, health, or dieting books that have really helped them succeed with their fitness or health goals??

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Food Rules by Michael Pollan. (I think that's how he spells his name) Simple rules we forget.
    His other books are great, too. My husband (who's lost 50 lbs) loves his stuff. His basic rule of thumb is if you're hungry, eat real food, but not too much.
  • tcrouser
    tcrouser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I suggest two books. "Younger Next Year" and a new one by the same author "Thinner This Year".

Both have been very inspiring and useful to me.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    PUSH by Chalene Johnson

www.30daypush.com

it's not about just weight loss- most of us need a blue print to create goals that become habits. That's what I love so much about this book!
    plus she tells my weight loss story...
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The Kind Diet was an interesting read by Alicia Silverstone. I went Vegan for a month but that was enough of that ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    PUSH by Chalene Johnson

www.30daypush.com

it's not about just weight loss- most of us need a blue print to create goals that become habits. That's what I love so much about this book!

Thanks for the reminder! I love her and just checked online and my local library has a copy, woo!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson...
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    PUSH by Chalene Johnson

www.30daypush.com

Thanks for the reminder! I love her and just checked online and my local library has a copy, woo!

That's awesome! when you get the book- and hit day 23- She is telling my story. Sadly, I have had a lot go on since then and went off track for a while- but am back on!