Snow!!

Options
Hey guys, I want to add snow shoveling (you can tell what part of the country I'm from :-) ) to my exercise but not sure what to add it as. Aerobics?? I'd appreciate any input. Unfortunatly, snow shoveling isn't on the list. Thanks!

Replies

• jrevels86
    Options
    You could probably relate it to dead lifts right?
  • kfsooner
    Options
    There is snow shoveling under the cardio menu. Just type in shoveling and there it is!!! This winter I got to lots of that in the Washington, DC area!!

Kristine
  • FaithDiva
    Options
    Hi krissybohaczyk... you could classify under one of the following. "Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort" or "Calisthenics, cleaning light/moderate effort" (and/ or Calisthenics (push ups, sit ups)..." Make it work for you... because you are working a little bit of everything-abs, back, legs, arms...(total body). Unfortunately, it's not exactly aerobics because there's not much cardio involved-(is it?). Well, I hope this is helpful and best wishes on that snow shoveling adventure!! FaithDiva
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I was going to say - I know I entered into my exercise different times. :flowerforyou: ... Can't wait for SPRING!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I hear ya! Being a Canadian girl...I've done my fair share of shoveling!! Hahahaha. I never thought of counting it as excersise. Good Call. I think I'll start logging it! Thanks :happy:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    you can also go to this website and figure it http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/iwc go to the left side and click on calculator
    then go to center and click on caliores burn( I
    belive that is what it is under) but you will see it
    you need to enter your weight and then scroll down
    and select item and enter time spent doing it then
    go to bottom and calculate..:wink:

And I am from that part of area also, I am so sick of the snow!!:grumble: So ready for spring:flowerforyou:
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There is snow shoveling under the cardio menu. Just type in shoveling and there it is!!! This winter I got to lots of that in the Washington, DC area!!

Kristine

When I type in shoveling in the search bar it says 'No results found'.
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you can also go to this website and figure it http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/iwc go to the left side and click on calculator
    then go to center and click on caliores burn( I
    belive that is what it is under) but you will see it
    you need to enter your weight and then scroll down
    and select item and enter time spent doing it then
    go to bottom and calculate..:wink:

And I am from that part of area also, I am so sick of the snow!!:grumble: So ready for spring:flowerforyou:

Thanks so much for this. What a great resource! I am also sick of snow. I look forward to being able to put in gardening/even grass mowing as exercise instead of snow shoveling!:flowerforyou: