Letting one control your diet their way of doing it...

Options
Okay so my parents lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. They had these diets where they limited themselves a certain amount of calories a day and started walking a lot and never bothered to eat those calories. Scary part is they were attempting to get me onto that train and it really messed me up to the point where I didn't care anymore and I struggled to go back my way.

I gave up and gained all the weight back. I was stressed out over it and just couldn't hack the low amount of calories they were trying to get me to consume. It wasn't the first time they tried this on me. It made me no longer want to visit them because they were driving me litterally nuts. I had dropped a good 50 pounds over a one year and gained back that much in three years.

Once I gained the weight back, they realized their mistake and stopped trying to get me on that diet of theirs. Maybe it worked for them, but it wasn't working for me.

I had inconsistant weight gain and weight loss in a period of three days. It was't good at all.

so whats the point of this, no matter what people tell you how they think you should be doing it. Politely nod thank them for the advice and say thanks but I think I will stick with what is working for me.

I made the mistake of letitng them change my ways to their ways. It was a mistake.

I did break my ankle almost a year after I started the journey, and was sick for three months at the end of 2011 and another four months at the beginning of 2012. Then the cat and bearded dragon died. So I was a complete mess for the last three years. But it was my parents forcing me into something I wasn't even mentally prepared for that turned me off. It's been a difficult three years.

I joined the YMCA and thats 60 dollars a month just about. So now there is very little fast food room on the budget. I'm ready to go at it my pace again.