Weighing yourself

Options
Okay, so how often should i be weighing myself? i was thinking twice weekly but I'm not too sure when and how often is best, any tips would be great!

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week. Make sure to measure as well. Often this a more accurate form of measuring progress than weighing yourself. Mornings seem to be the most consistent time (or right after you get up). Just pick a day and weigh that same day and time every week.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I weigh myself every week at the same time, Fridays at 4:30am (I have a psychotic work schedule, don't ask).

Any more than that will just drive you bonkers, IMO.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I suggest once a week.

womens bodies are wonky-- water weight and any other miscellaneous random fluctuation in weight mid -week can drive you crazy. I tried weighing myself on different days and for some reason Wednesday or Thursday would show a slight weight gain but when I weighed myself again on Saturday morning i showed decent weight loss.

I stick to every Saturday morning once I wake up before I eat or drink anything.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I do once per week at the same time every Friday morning. Weighing daily can drive you bat **** nuts as water retention can cause significant swings. The only time I change it up is when I know I've had too much salt the previous day and I'm retaining water or if my muscles are sore and fatigued..then I may take a look at three days or so and kind of take the average.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest no more than once a week, so you don't get depressed if you have a water weight gain one day... Personally... I weigh in once a month