weigh in blues

Options
I know we can keep track of a few on our weigh in page but I wanted a little more data. Probably should have taken beginning measurements...oh well

Chest - 38

Waist - 33.5

Stomach - 42

Hips - 43.5

Thighs - 27

Knees - 16.5

Calf - 14.5

Arm - 12

Neck - 13

lbs muscle (according to scale which is based on hydration...) 100.4

I'm not sure if I am following the site correctly. When it helped me set up my goals it asked how much I wanted to lose - 2lbs per week but then when it calculated my target it said it was enough to lose 1.6lbs per week. I am at 1200 net calories but with exercise and normal living calorie expenditures it usually tells me to eat around 1600 calories. I have been trying to stick pretty close to that but had only minimal weight loss this week - .6lbs

I'm going to give it one more week before I try lowering one week and then upping my calories the next to see if either of those result in more consistent (and more on target) weight loss.

Did anyone else have troubles starting out slow? It seems like most of the posts I have read are of people having massive losses the first week... =(

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It may be the type of diet they are eating and exercise combo that is attributing to the large weight-loss. Some follow low-carb diets some are just limiting their calories... some are running and lifting and yet others are doing pilates or just walking daily. There are no hidden secrets just finding what works for you and modifying your lifestyle to what works. I know I've modified my eating habits since joining this site. Logging daily shows me what I should be watching and making notes on how I feel and then finding out what I ate that made me feel bad - my nasties are carbs and salt. Everyone is different so don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i couldn't tell from your post, but it sounds like you are jut getting started with a regular workout routine. One of the big things to remember is that it took a long time get to where you are today, and it will take time to get where you want to be. It won't happen over night. I think back to the beginining of last month (Jan) when my gym was packed full of resolutes. Now, its back to normal. To have the goals you want to reach, you need to have the full lifestyle change and give it time to work. You are already on your way by using this site and monitoring your food intake. Usually, the first week or so your body is still adjusting to the new stresses you are putting on it, which can sometimes lead to the body storing more energy (fat) than it will burn later on it after it realizes that this will be the new normal. In a few weeks, see if you hitting your weight loss goals or not. If not, i'd suggest taking a another look at your workout and food intake and see if you can change them. Perhaps more cardio would help? Perhaps an increase of food (starving your body can sometimes cause weight gain)?

Anyway, this just advice from a guy trying to do what you are doing and just passing along my experience. Just stick with it and good luck!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yep, I actually gained the first week. I think it just took my body to adjust to the extra exercise and being outside its comfort zone. The next week I lost 2 lbs. Good luck!
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    What I notice is that this site calculates your resting metabolic rate and therefore calculates calories per day and weightloss rate. I'm wondering how accurate this is without them testing us...I'm going to go to the gym and have my bodyfat tested and ask them how to figure it. 500 caloried deficit a day = 1 pound a week so that number needs to be accurate for it to work as it should...good luck
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Just remember that this is a life style change, and they do take time. Some see a big jump at the start while others will see a large drop in the middle or towards the end. Our measurements are just about the same except my chest is 44.5... everything else matches to a T. Be patient, it will come off. Maybe when you're exercising kick your intensity up super high for a few minutes here and there for some extra burn. Watch your foods and stay consistent! you can do it, and you're worth it... :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The big weight drop some people see when they start their new routine is mostly water. Was this a big change for your body or had you already been eating sensibly and exercising? In that case it wouldn't have been such a big adjustment for your body.

I totally agree with the above posts - it takes time. I've lost 19 pounds in eight months; that's about 0.6 pounds per week. But the important thing for me is that a) it's going in the right direction and b) I'm feeling good and have lots of energy.

Be patient, work on the new lifestyle and don't stress over numbers on a scale - they will come down in time.

:flowerforyou: :drinker: