Frequent, Smaller Meals

Options
I just started (today) eating smaller portion meals more frequently throughout the day to help boost my metabolism, but I'm worried because I'm STUFFED right now and it's only 3:40. I woke up, an hour later ate a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 hours later ate a Banana, 2 1/2 hours later had soup for lunch (2 cups totaling 160 calories) and a weight watchers snack (90 calories), went and ran three miles on my break and when I got back to the office I ate a protein bar (170 calories). SO FULL!

Is this going to be a normal feeling until my body adjusts? Should I cut calories back? I can't imagine eating back my workout calories at this point... let alone the 600 I have remaining for the day.

Have any of you encountered this?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just started (today) eating smaller portion meals more frequently throughout the day to help boost my metabolism, but I'm worried because I'm STUFFED right now and it's only 3:40. I woke up, an hour later ate a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 hours later ate a Banana, 2 1/2 hours later had soup for lunch (2 cups totaling 160 calories) and a weight watchers snack (90 calories), went and ran three miles on my break and when I got back to the office I ate a protein bar (170 calories). SO FULL!

Is this going to be a normal feeling until my body adjusts? Should I cut calories back? I can't imagine eating back my workout calories at this point... let alone the 600 I have remaining for the day.

It does not speed up your metabolism, so if you find it uncomfortable or hard to eat in such a fashion, find one that is easy to adhere too
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

It does not speed up your metabolism, so if you find it uncomfortable or hard to eat in such a fashion, find one that is easy to adhere too

yep
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

yep

I didn't read that,but if acg67 said it and you dittoed, it's probably right.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You are likely full because you have had protein, fibre and water rich foods all of which help confer satiety. Try eating more fruit and veg and less processed/ branded stuff.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^This. Meal frequency/timing is irrelevant. Here's an informative post, complete with links to other articles and peer-reviewed studies:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

[Edited to add link]
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt keep eating if you are full. I only eat more frequent smaller meals because i am eating a diet that does not keep me full for long periods of time.
  • 24kmparks
    24kmparks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! I guess I have been 'told' the wrong thing about more frequent meals. I just don't think it's for me after the difficulties today. Well, "Fullness" today. I appreciate the help, guys!

Happy New Year :)