Low Sodium Lunch Meat

Options
Hi All,

I just thought i'd post a little thread to let you all know about a lower sodium lunch meat I found the other day. I've been really struggling with finding foods that are low in sodium, especially lunch meats. But i finally found one! Yeah!

Go to Sam's Club and get their 1.5 lb container of Turkey. I can't remember the brand exactly, but it comes in a black container with a clear lid. It's only 280mg of sodium for every 2oz!

When I get home i'll look at the brand and reply to this post.

Hope that helps!
Laura

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    trader joes has boneless turkey breast.....not sure but I believe its only 60mg of sodium per serving....
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for lower sodium lunch meat as well. I don't have a Sam's Club or a Trader Joe's though so if anyone knows of one at Walmart or an Albertsons you should post it!
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    To avoid the high sodium lunch meats, I bake chicken breasts (covered) on Sunday night and shred them. I use that all week for sandwiches and also try to incorporate into dinners if I can. Chicken tacos, chicken salad, etc. I'll do the same with roast beef. Saves on the sodium counts!
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To avoid the high sodium lunch meats, I bake chicken breasts (covered) on Sunday night and shred them. I use that all week for sandwiches and also try to incorporate into dinners if I can. Chicken tacos, chicken salad, etc. I'll do the same with roast beef. Saves on the sodium counts!

Such a simple idea yet I didn't even think about it! I'll have to try this.