I am falling apart!!!!

Options
Ok I think I realize I need professional help, and I intend on seeking it. Long story short. I am 22, going through a divorce, I was in an abusive marriage for 3 years and left him 6 months ago. I work full time, go to college full time, and have a 2 year old son, who goes to work with me. ( I work in child care)..

I've been real sick lately with bronchitis and walking pneumonia so haven't been following a diet or exercising. I've struggled with weightless my whole life with anorexia when I was 18-19...

I have gained 30 pounds added on to the 30 i needed to lose after childbirth in the past THREE MONTHS! I know I have a lot of stress but come on!!! I had my thyroid checked, they said it was okay.

I am losing my hair in GLOBS. Like really really losing it. It went from really thick to really thin. I have not told a dr. I dont even have time for a dr. I barely have time to think!!!!

I think i need a physiachaitrist. I don't understand how I let myself gain an extra 30 pounds in 3 months...

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am going to send you an email.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like you are really stressed and that's why you are seeing the weight gain and hair loss. I think you need to go see a doctor to have more test run to rule out anything major and then step back and try to find some time for yourself to just breathe and relax a moment. I know that sounds hard with a 2 year old (I understand because I work full time and have a 3 year old daughter), but you HAVE to set some time aside for yourself. For me, I go to the gym for an hour during my lunch break and that is ME time.

:flowerforyou:
  • emberd
    emberd Posts: 36
    Options
    Reading your story was like looking at a chapter in my life. I was in an abusive marriage and left, moving my son and me to a new town with no support. I worked full time and went to college full time too. That is when I gained the majority of my weight. You should definitely find someone to talk to that can give you some direction. Hang in there! It does get easier!
  • spapaj
    spapaj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think an antidepressant could really benefit you. I went through a really rough time in my life last year and my hair started falling out as well. Scary stuff! I would see a doctor and rule out any other possibilities. If everything else checks out okay, I guarantee you it's stress causing the hair loss and weight gain. We're all different. I lost 25 lbs. along with losing my hair. You'll be okay. Just hang in there!!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! That sounds horribly stressful...=o(
    I am sorry you are going through all of that.
    I gained 20 lbs in two or three months when we found out that my FIL was dying of cancer. It was hard and I ate and ate to soothe myself. Ugh...not a good idea.
    I hope you can get help soon.
  • Allicatmewohisspurr
    Options
    yes maybe a therapist would help you are going through alot.... it is nice to have someone with an open mind just to talk to and listen.... good luck to you... rely on people and friends to help you through this difficult time but try and stay strong for your daughter... us chicks are tough!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Been there as well. I gained 20 pounds from trying to drink myself into a coma. I finally got a grip and got healthy...wasn't gonna let that @#(&#$% destroy me any more!

It is very early for you because it takes time to heal. A LOT of time. Seeing your doctor and a therapist cannot hurt and is probably a very good idea.

Support from friends, family and those who understand the difficulties you are going through is important. I'm not one to 'advertise', but I'm part founder of a website for supporting abuse victims. You are more than welcome to come check us out -

http://www.our-place-online.net/

Come to the forums, we're very active. You can find me there as Stormy...imagine that, lol. Anyone else who might benefit from resources and supportive people who are in or have survived abusive relationships is welcome, as well.
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    Thanks guys!!