Half Way Home and feeling great

Options
I guess you could say i am basically a lurker. However, I have been so inspired by everyone who posts and contributes that it has been a wealth of inspiration on my toughest days so far. that I wanted to post a progress report and say thanks.

I have completely turned my health and fitness around in the last 2 months to the tune of 2 pant sizes, 34 pounds and most importantly a drop in blood pressure to sub 120/75 which is a huge improvement from the 145/85 + I was at before i started.

Everyone can't believe how far I have come in such a short time.

Honestly it has been so difficult at times as I am in sales and travel with my associates where I frequently do not have access to healthy meals or a decent treadmill.

It was so rewarding to throw out a ton of clothes last weekend that no longer even came close to fitting me.

I am still overweight (by a lot I might add) at 6'2" 239. However with my big frame somewhere between 200 and 210 is going to be an awesome final wright for me. I dream of the day of having a healthy bmi and a reasonable body fat percentage and this time I am bound and determined to get there.

I can't believe how much more energy I have and how good I feel overall.

A couple of reasons for my early success.

1)Bodybug - I love it as even on my "bad" days I am not beating myself up as I see that I am still at a defecit even though I didn't make my target. This really helps in the motivation to skip tracking your meals on those ugly days as I know I did not harm my progress.

2)MFP - Best food database anywhere - i have used several other trackers i nthe past and MFP is the easiest and best especially with the IPHONE app.

3)Deadline - My deadline for a full physical, and blood work is the end of May. I do not want to be on BP medicine at that point. I am ignoring doctor's orders at this point on BP meds and he is on board but all over me to be be tracking it everyday. Having this long term goal to reach my final weight and yet short term goals in between has really been a great motivator instead of just looking at the huge 70 pound gorilla on my belly that I needed to lose. Bodybugg has really helped here as I set a 3.5 pound target per week and it helped me calculate a food intake(which concurred with MFP - 1800 calories) and a target for 3.5 pounds a week and it makes me feel like a sucess every day when I hit my targets. It is alos great because it motivates me to exercise on my tiredest days when Iknow I will not make my daily goal as it is staring at me on the computer screen.

Good Luck to All and thanks to all for their experiences as it truly helps.

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This is wonderful and congratulations are in order!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    34 lbs in 2 months?! That AMAZING! Great job!
  • pktbundy
    pktbundy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job. What kind of physical activities are you doing to get those kinds of results? Or are you able to generate those results with diet only? Nice work on BP. No one wants to be on long term meds. I have seen similar improvements in my BP numbers by living a more disciplined life. Keep it up. Good luck your next milestone.

PS - No treadmill? See if the hotel has stairs you can climb.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up all the hard work. I am looking forward to hitting my halfway mark!!! Soon enough.
  • mattnday
    Options
    I have been almost perfect on the 1800 calorie a day front sans a few days where I let a little bender get in the way.

As for exercise I have strictly been a treadmill guy and generally just walk when the hotel equipment stinks or 24 hour fitness isn't close. Although I like the stairs idea I would prefer to just use a 30 minute walk as a rest day and call it good as I have been suffering through tight calves that are getting better but inclines and stairs are definitely my enemy right now where jogging isn't bothering them much at all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!