Which is harder: Losing weight, or paying debt?

Options
Calantorntain
Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
I (24 years old) have about 50 more pounds to lose to get to "goal weight one," at which point I will figure out my next fitness goals.

My boyfriend (27 years old) has about $13,000 worth of debt to pay off, just to get to a networth of 0.

It will be interesting to see who has the more challenging journey, I am sure we will both succeed.

Which challenge would you rather face? And to those facing both, that's gotta suck, good luck!

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    for me...losing weight. I had a full ride to undergrad. and had grad. school paid for, so I earned that though.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Paying debt!!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think both are really difficult because they both require complete lifestyle changes!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have both...but I think I'll hit goal weight sooner than I'll hit "0" balance in debt. Goal in 4-6 months. Debt paid off...1 1/2-2 yrs. :grumble:
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Student loan debt is much more difficult, definitely.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is my preference. Heavens forbid I have an emergency then I have to put my student loan money towards it.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The weight loss, hands down!!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My wager?

You will lose the weight faster than he can pay off the debt.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Rob a liquor store and use the money to pay the debt. WHile your on the lamb from the fuzz you will lose wieght because you cant settle down to long. Nervous ppl dont eat much!
  • Hrcules
    Hrcules Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Debt, you can starve your weight off but if you dont pay your bills they dont go anywhere.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have 53lbs to lose and over $50,000.00 in debt to sort out.

God my life sucks.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    weight loss is 100x easier. It's completely controllable and the lifestyle changes are minor compared to the changes needed to set a whole new budget and/or increase productivity.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Rob a liquor store and use the money to pay the debt. WHile your on the lamb from the fuzz you will lose wieght because you cant settle down to long. Nervous ppl dont eat much!

Hahaha! This!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Losing weight since the only debt I have is mortgage and a car payment.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think they are both equally hard. Not impossible, but hard.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I have more control over what goes into my mouth and how much I exercise. :ohwell: I wish I could make money as easily as I could lose weight.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Paying debt. Good thing I don't have too much!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have faced both, still facing the second, I think both are a test of willpower, after weight loss the debt situation seems easy. I learned a lot about willpower :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have both...but I think I'll hit goal weight sooner than I'll hit "0" balance in debt. Goal in 4-6 months. Debt paid off...1 1/2-2 yrs. :grumble:

I'm right there with you. Both are hard, but I seem to have more control over weight loss at the moment.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'd say debt. By the time I think I have it almost paid off....they find away to add more onto my loans for school. Especially with interest.:grumble: