Forgot breakfast - hungry at work. Need some ideas!

Options
I forgot my breakfast and I'm already hungry. At work and need some ideas. Starbucks is calling (love the muffins) but I am resisting. Any suggestions???

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If you go to Starbucks skip the muffins and get the turkey bacon english muffin sandwich. A little high on the sodium side, but good protein and fiber...and filling. So tasty too!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Or get the greek yogurt combo they have! YUM. My other options when I miss breakfast are to get a banana and a small container of milk or yogurt. Most convenience stores sell this kind of stuff (the banana might be harder to find, but lots of stores carry a small amount of produce, even Starbucks sometimes has bananas.)

You can resist the muffin! :happy:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Starbucks also has oatmeal, which will run you about 150 calories if you get it plain!
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Stop at the grocery store instead - fruit, yogurt - I am sure you can find plenty of healthy breakfast items there. Not that you should drink you calories - but I find that a cup of hot chocolate holds me over until at least lunch. 1 packet = 120 calories with water.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    This won't help you now, but I always keep Fiber One bars in my desk drawer in case I get out of the house without eating breakfast.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Starbucks also has oatmeal, which will run you about 150 calories if you get it plain!

This is the best thing on their menu! I believe you can get it with nuts and if that's the case go for it!
  • angeliabynum
    angeliabynum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! It is a great filler and not to mention, good for you.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    This won't help you now, but I always keep Fiber One bars in my desk drawer in case I get out of the house without eating breakfast.

I do this too.
    It's my just in case stash for missing breakfast/lunch.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    banana + yogurt

or even the turkey english muffin sounds good.

skip the cakes. croissants, bagels, etc
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

This is the best thing on their menu! I believe you can get it with nuts and if that's the case go for it!
    I have to agree. Their oatmeal is great!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I have to agree. Their oatmeal is great!

I love, love, love their oatmeal..... just ask for it without any of the sides (brown sugar, fruit and nuts) that way you are not tempted to add those extra calories!