Losing for a Vacation!!!

Options
Hi there, I am presently trying to lose weight for my vacation in april to the Dominican!!! Just thought that I would start a support group for others who have similar goals towards a trip in a few months!!! I am 21, from Canada, and I presently weigh 162 lbs. I have struggled with my weight loss in the last year, going from 180 lbs to my present weight, and I have for my final goal, to weigh 130 lbs! However, my present goal is to get down atleast 10 lbs before my Dominican vacation April 18th! and any additional weight loss would be amazing!!! Anyhow, feel free to share ur story, and lets support eachother before we go off to our awesome holidays!!!

Melinda

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Options
    That would be me as well! We have our annual trip to the beach coming in May and every year it's the same thing: I want to lose about 20 lbs. This year will be the year!!!

Good luck to you!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband decided this year we needed to do something for our anniversary, so he is taking me to Walt Disney World! Wanting to have the kind of body that can lounge by the pool without wearing a t-shirt over the swimsuit!

By the way, this will be our 7th anniversary on 08/09/10 :heart:
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    My husband and I are going on a cruise to Cozumel on Memorial Day! Im 25 and I haven't been in a swimsuit since my high school senior trip! I'm trying to lose a total of 45-50 pounds by the trip! I'm at 21 so far, so I'm making pretty good progress. I just want to be able to wear a swimsuit, sundresses and sleeveless shirts on the cruise and swim in the pool (and with the dolphins) without worrying how I look. And I'd love to enjoy being in our vacation pictures for once!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Trying to drop my last 13lbs or so before my engagement photos at the end of May. I have this amazing, vintage Vivienne Westwood coat to wear for the photos... the problem is that, in the time I've owned it, I've never been able to button it past my natural waist. It's an Italian 46 (American size 8-10) and really well tailored--maybe a little TOO well tailored, lol. I'm 5'8" with 32" bust (DD cup, au natural), 29" waist and 38" hips. I need to get my hips down to 36" or below to wear the coat comfortably. It wouldn't hurt to take a bit off my thighs, either. The coat is worth a fortune, but I could never bring myself to sell it--it's just too unique and beautiful. This is my opportunity to really show it off!

On the bright side, once I reach my goal weight, all I have to do is maintain for the 14 months until my wedding! After May, I can have all my suits and dresses taken in, knowing that my measurements won't be changing much. Can't wait!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight for a vacation ( among other reasons). Will be going back home to New Orleans in April and want all my friends and family whom I haven't seen in a while to think or hopefully say " Wow, you look great! I can't believe you had a baby just 6 months ago"
    Good luck to everyone!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have my 10 year class reunion this June. Wow has it really been 10 years?! Anyways I was always "the big girl" in high school and I dont want them to even know who I am at the reunion LOL
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm losing for a Florida vacation in October, for my 3rd anneversary. We never went on a honeymoon so this will be it! We just put the deposit down on a gorgeous beach house in Indian Rocks Beach so I have about 31 weeks to get into bathing suit shape.

I am 186 now and I hope to be 155 by then, this will be the first time in 6 years that I'll be in a bathing suit, and I'm really REALLY hoping to rock a bikini this year :)
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow! so glad that so many of you are also feeling the pressure of losing to look good for a trip or an event. I've actually never worn a bikini in public and I really want to have the confidence to wear one and have a nice body so i feel comfortable wearing one! I have definitely been on the right track this week, not so good with the eating, a girl at work was leaving so lots of goodies were brought in to kinda have a party, so i didnt do well that day, but overall, i have been working out all the time, and I weighed myself this morning and i am down 2.6 lbs, so im finally out of the 160's and down to 159.4 lbs! so im hoping that by the time my trip comes, which is roughly two months away, that I could be somewhere in the 140's!!! anyhow, i hope you are all doing well with your weight loss, keep us updated on ur progress!!!! Good luck to you all!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow! so glad that so many of you are also feeling the pressure of losing to look good for a trip or an event. I've actually never worn a bikini in public and I really want to have the confidence to wear one and have a nice body so i feel comfortable wearing one! I have definitely been on the right track this week, not so good with the eating, a girl at work was leaving so lots of goodies were brought in to kinda have a party, so i didnt do well that day, but overall, i have been working out all the time, and I weighed myself this morning and i am down 2.6 lbs, so im finally out of the 160's and down to 159.4 lbs! so im hoping that by the time my trip comes, which is roughly two months away, that I could be somewhere in the 140's!!! anyhow, i hope you are all doing well with your weight loss, keep us updated on ur progress!!!! Good luck to you all!