not completing food journal?

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
this week i have been slacking with my food journal. i have been putting in breakfast, lunch and snacks, but i have not been putting in my dinner. i've been thinking on it, and i've decided to give this a trial for a week or two to see how i do at guestimating my calorie intake for the one meal. does anyone else do this? does anyone think it's a horrible idea? in one way, i feel like i'm neglecting my goals, and i feel like an incomplete journal shows non-progress. on the other hand, i would like to know if i have learned anything over the last 7 weeks about portion control and would be able to do this on my own if need be. what are your ideas on this?

Replies

• I barely log dinner myself. Mostly because I don't have the internet at home and can't get on. So I make sure I take a peek at what my remaining calories are and guest-imate what I will work off before I eat and then I will try and make the best decisions I can. Sometimes I pre-plan and log dinner, but most nights I find it difficult to plan for.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I think it is a great idea. I view this site as a tool as opposed to a crutch. Before discovering it, I truly had no idea how many calories were in the foods that I ate. Now, I have a good idea and often don't log in my food because I am aware of the calories thanks to what I have learned here. Quite honestly, I don't want to *have to* log my food in forever. This site is helping me become confident in the choices I make and eventually, I will not need this particular tool at all or at least not as often, but its always something I can come back to if I need to. So, I say go for it.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    I keep logged in at work so easily track my breakfast, lunch, snacks and water. I rarely input my evening food. I seem to do okay (unless I have a couple of glasses of wine, which leads to bad snacking). :wink:

Sue
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Well, as far as what works for me, I need to log it in. In fact, I typically log everything for the next day the night before. I am doing well, and I just don't want to test myself, ya know? But that works for me. I don't think it's neglecting your goals but I think you would probably be better off planning/logging for longer. I will probably continue doing this though until I am in maintenance phase. :)
This discussion has been closed.