Menu Planning

Options
I know that part of the problem with my diet is planning out meals for the week. Since I get so busy Monday-Friday, I end up either eating out or eating whatever is first available. I want to start planning my meals for the week and coordinate my grocery shopping and cooking so that I don't have an excuse. Does anyone have any good strategies for planning? Cook once eat all week? Make-ahead meals? I live by myself if that makes any difference. What has worked for you?

Replies

• slparker75
    slparker75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have found that the more I plan ahead, the more successful I am. Pinterest is my best friend for finding recipes, so I browse a bit throughout the week to find some good stuff and then grocery shop all at once on Saturday and cook all that I can ahead of time on Sunday. I also chop all of my veggies and put them into individual servings so that they are all ready. I've got a family of 3, so I usually double everything so that I can take leftovers for lunch during the week. It does take extra time, but whenever I am felling lazy, I remember how much time I spent preparing everything and I am out of excuses!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! And I love Pinterest, so that's right up my alley!