The gastric band

Options
Hi
I have lost a lot of weight since I got my gastric band in in Nov 2008 and its great, I now am at at standstill and have joined fitness pal so that I can ge the support I need, the calorie counting is great its just that I cant eat the calories I shoud in a day. Anybody else in the same boat???
LIZMCK

Replies

• darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    Yep - right there with you - i came to a complete halt a couple of weeks ago - and even, gasp gasp, started gaining - i was well under my recommended calories a day - i have beefed up the exercise routine but was not eating enough - the past two days i have eaten close to all my calories and have already lost a pound.

Please - please check out the: "The answers to THE questions" topic thread - it is awesome and has some great information on the whole eating your calories thing

Bottom line - eat you recommended calories or you won't loose the weight - especially if you are exercising..........hope this helps!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Just a suggestion - I understand with the band you might be restricted on the food intake but you possibly could try drinking more protein drinks?? They would have your nutrients as well as the calories. :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,926 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have lost a lot of weight since I got my gastric band in in Nov 2008 and its great, I now am at at standstill and have joined fitness pal so that I can ge the support I need, the calorie counting is great its just that I cant eat the calories I shoud in a day. Anybody else in the same boat???
    LIZMCK

Welcome!