Today is SUCH a struggle.

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
Not "diet" wise, I'm on track for a stellar day (gotcha, huh??!!) However, my brain seems to have disconnected from my body. I worked out at 5:30 this a.m. and didn't get to eat until @8:00 - is this the contributor?? I was o.k. until about 7:45 or so. Then I was standing there, with some stuff in one hand and a bag in the other hand trying to figure out how to get the stuff I was holding in my purse. Are you kidding me?? I finally looked at my hubby and said "Why is this so effin' hard?" Then I set down the bag and opened my purse and stuffed the cell phone, etc., in. Then the bag fell over. Lunch everywhere. Wow. Then I couldn't quite manage to get the top part of the english muffin from my Egg McMuffin in the bag and the bag out the window into the garbage can at the drive through. Holy cow. Are you serious? This is not rocket science!

I don't know - maybe too long of a delay between exercise and re-fueling?? I don't have a stove this a.m. so couldn't make my eggs and toast I usually have. New one coming today though! Very exciting. Now if I could just get my numb brain to wake up and function and connect to the rest of my body, we'll be o.k. :laugh: If you're a praying person, send up a few for my boss who has to put up with my *&^$ today :glasses:

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm betting that your blood sugar dropped... I've had that happen to me... I call it "brain fog". Usually a little protein and a complex carb will remedy it pretty quickly. I hate when I feel like that! Good luck with the rest of your day... and with your new appliance!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I have days like that! But I agree with the blood sugar drop. I used to have a trainer and he said to eat within 30 min or working out. That usually helps me alot! I hope you feel better!!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    God has answered your prayers....5-hour energy...:bigsmile:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Do you ever eat before your 5:30 workout? My stomach has a hard timing with my eating before I exercise, but I can manage a banana (and pretty much have to) in the mornings 30 minutes before I work out. Otherwise, I have no energy or strength and can't do much at all.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    God has answered your prayers....5-hour energy...:bigsmile:

lol - yeah shoot me some of that will ya?? My hubby even told me to call him when I got to work 'cuz he was concerned I wouldn't make it. Wow. Yeah - probably the blood sugar thing, but I usually struggle with it being too high. Forgot what too low feels like! Thanks for the reminder everyone. Still foggy, but the b-fast is starting to kick in (along with the iced coffee). Good thing I brought lots of things to snack on today. I think I'm gonna need it!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Do you ever eat before your 5:30 workout? My stomach has a hard timing with my eating before I exercise, but I can manage a banana (and pretty much have to) in the mornings 30 minutes before I work out. Otherwise, I have no energy or strength and can't do much at all.

Can't eat before I exercise in the a.m. because of my thyroid pill. Can't eat for an hour after taking it. I make it through my workouts well usually, but I usually eat around 7:30 or 7:45. And I usually have no problemo. But today, I could fall over! In fact I almost did :blushing: Don't have my meter with me or I'd test my blood sugar.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Well be careful and if it happens again you should get to a doctor. Blood sugar sounds like a good culprit but don't ignore it. How are you doing now? Feeling better?
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Thanks Jenn - it took until about 9:30, but my brain fog finally cleared up. Was a little weird! I'm guessing that because I've been eating so good and working out my blood sugar has stabelized and I needed to eat sooner. I'm gonna have to change how I do things I guess. That's a good thing! I'll have to make sure that even if I can't cook for some reason, if I work out I have to eat something with some carbs in it before I leave for work anyway.

On that note, so excited the new stove and dishwasher have arrived at the house and hubby and his co-worker are busy installing them. Yay!!!