Replies

• balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good article - thanks for sharing this!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Thank you so much!:heart: I really like it when it's broken down in simply for dummies (like me) format! I often struggle with this topic! My mother has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes & she fears I will follow suit if I don't change my sugars! :drinker:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Great article on what I should be eating when. I already eat something about every 2 - 3 hours, but I seem to lack in the breakfeast area to really get my metabolism going.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This is a good article, but I don't understand the "Build-A-Meal: Simple Snacking" page. It says to keep your snack at 100-150 calories but pick one snack from each category. There is NO way you could pick a snack from each category and keep it under 150 cals.

It says:
    Depending on the person, they generally range between 100-150 calories (a good level to keep so you don’t consume too many calories and make it into a meal)."

Choose one food from each category.

Protein: 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese, small yogurt cup, low-fat string cheese, 1 slice low-sodium lunch meat, protein powder or hardboiled egg

Carbs: banana, apple, fruit of your choice, baby carrots, 1 slice whole-grain bread, 1 tortilla, few tablespoons granola (mix in yogurt)

Healthy Fats: 1 handful of almonds, walnuts, cashews or mixed nuts, 2 tablespoons peanut butter or slice of avocado

How could you possibly adhere to that calorie limit?