Small town, no gym, limited funds.... bring it on!

Options
Hi! My name is Shelly and I'm relatively new here. I've been fascinated by the food tracking portion of this site/app but haven't tried out the community part yet.

I live in a tiny town with no gym (within a reasonable distance to travel for a workout) and as a 'just joined the work force ex-student' I have very little funds for at home gym equipment.... anyone else in my shoes?

I love baking, but I don't love eating baking... I just like to try out a new pretty recipe, taste it so I know it's right... then give it to my coworkers. Aren't you glad you don't live near me?

Anyone looking for a friend on here (please forgive me, but as a baker... butter rocks my world!) absolutely add me!

cheers :) xoxo
-Shelly

Replies

• IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Start running! Aside from a decent pair of shoes, no extra equipment needed :)
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lots of youtube workouts to try. Nerdfitness specialized in no weights, but you can always use soup cans for light weight, and graduate to milk jugs as you get stronger if you want to do workouts that use weights.
  • mlk8604
    mlk8604 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! There are plenty of gyms where I live, but I also try to live on a budget (gyms membership NOT in our budget). I use a great site called fitnessblender.com. There are hundreds of workouts, check it out :) And if nothing else, there's always youtube. Good luck! :)
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat...town of 600 people, town is 25 miles away and no gym. I am lucky because i do own equipment, but what I do find helpful is walking, running, cleaning house (can burn 250/calories/hr), stairs...and I get some of my workouts online, amazon prime...get an excercise ball...those are inexpensive...Good Luck and just be creative!!!
  • smooshe
    smooshe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I guess I forgot to mention the fact that I am SUPER fortunate to have acquired a used elliptical from my uncle for a few hundred dollars!