Exercise = More Energy!!! :-)

Options
Hello all :-) I'm a newbie here... well I technically signed up a few months ago and then just totally let up off it, but now I'm back in the game for the lonnng haul!! After seeing pics of myself that were taken while I was out enjoying myself a few martinis one night I was totally disgusted and depressed by what I saw. I thought, omg when did I start looking so plumped up and chubby?! Ok, granted yes I have definitely noticed the tightening of my clothes (which I still somewhat attribute to the dryer, lol...); but, I guess looking in the mirror everyday as opposed to actually seeing a pic of yourself can just put how you look at your body in a new perspective, it did for me at least. So that brings me to now... I have finally started to really try and motivate myself to be physically active and get in a good workout several days a week, over about the past week and a half now. Well, I can say that although I can't say I have seen all to much change in my body I have definitely noticed a huge change in my energy levels!! I LOVE IT!!! :-) If anything this will be even more of a catalyst to get me moving more and really keep up with it. This needs to be a LIFESTYLE change for me, not just a one time quick fix and then once again I give up on it. Nooo more I say! :-P My body is a lil sore from working out, but I like that I am finally starting to feel alive... if that makes sense. I only get about 5 1/2 hours of sleep a night, which I know, is horrible - wake up around 5:30am everyday (Mon-Fri) and work a desk job from 8-5. By the time I would get home from work around 5:30-6pm (or possible later some days depending on work) I would just be totally exhausted and the last thing on my mind would be doing any type of exercise. Well, just over this past week + now I have actually started to look forward to going home and getting in some good workout time. I have been doing about 20-30 mins on a stationary bike along w/ a few reps on my mini weight bench (lol yes just a few... I need to pick it up on that muscle building!!) but I can honestly say I feel so much more energized!! Ha, it's always like the first 5 mins on the bike where I'm tired and think... ugh maybe I'll just do this 5 mins and then hop off... but I motivate myself somehow and then I think at some point the adrenaline kicks in and I start getting more into it. I am just really excited to see how far I can push myself and what changes I can make to my body that will finally make me be comfortable in my own skin (not to mention fit more comfortably in my clothes!!!). So, keep on chuggin on all... this is SO worth it!!! :-)

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good for you! You have a great attitude, I hope that a lot of people read this post :smile: And just a thought... have you thought about working out in the morning? You said you get up at 5:30 but don't start work til 8, maybe you commute not sure but you'll find you'll have way more energy throughout the day when you workout in the morn plus you'll make better choices food wise... either way your getting it done so thats what matters, keep it up!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I hear ya. A few years ago I saw a pic of myself from behind at the beach . . . um . . .that can NOT be me! But in fact it was. Ick! So I started to get the weight off. I did really well last year around this time losing about 10 lbs. But then I started the Depo birth control shot and lost all motivation. It made me fatigued, craving happy, and bloated constantly. Those 10 lbs came back and then some! I can not believe I let myself get that way. Every day was a constant "I'll do it tomorrow" . . . or "I'll start over next week".

Finally, I did start over this year. I kicked the Depo and got myself back on track. I'm feeling fabulous. I've been at a stalemate the last couple of weeks with the scale, but the tape measure has been moving. So not all hope is lost! And even though today, I'm feeling quite stressed with lots of anxiety, my belt loop as moved two holes over (tighter!) and my jeans are getting a little loose! That makes me smile! So I know I'm doing something right!

And I have to agree, when I work out in the morning, even after work, I just have SO much more energy to tackle the day! I've even had the energy to fold laundry!

WHOOO HOOO!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same! I wake up in the morning with out hitting snooze, and sometimes before my alarm clock even goes off I am hopping out of bed early! I also look forward to leaving work and heading to the gym! what a great feeling. A few couple months ago the only thing I was looking forward to after work was NCIS and a couple glasses of wine!

Cheers to a new life style!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    That dang dryer right...

Good for you...motivation is key and stick with it...once the changes start you will be more increasingly motivated than you are right now....with the desk job, ensure that you eat healthy snacks and dont fall into the junk snacking that desk jobs tend to do...i know, i have one...keep it up
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Lol... seriously! Yep I'm good on the staying away from junk for the most part... in the two years I have been at my current job not once did I hit up the vending machines for chips/cookies, etc. I try to bring fruit, granola bars, rice cakes, etc. for snacks and I'm really working in increasing my water intake much more as well!! It makes it a little harder though in my environment here, where my whole dept. pretty much lives off the stuff, sheeeesh! I have my eye on the prize though!! :-)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with the water too...but I put ice in mine so its real cold...funny how i trick my brain to think i like it when its real cold....
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Haha I am still definitely not a morning person... oopsie woke up late today!! I would love to be able to fit in a morning workout but I don't think that's really an option. I'm already getting insufficient sleep, but at least being active after work has seemed to help out a LOT in such a short time!! Lol yea so far so good on the no vino for Lent too, omg last night I SO wanted a glass though b/c I was feeling down about other stuff in my life but I made a huge effort and stayed away!!! :-) Only what some 30+ days in counting!!! Even after Lent is done though I will def. be keepin the vino intake in moderation! :-)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Does Communion count???:drinker: