Please recommend an elliptical!

Options
I want to buy an elliptical - something not too big - it has to fit in my living room.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    NordicTrack E5 vi bought mine at sears... It's wonderful i use it every day and it comes with Ifit and 8 programmed workouts, it's smooth on the joints, easy to use and just wonderful.. I bought one from walmart a few months ago and it make my knee's hurt and after a few months the pedal broke. The Nordic Track is a little expensive but so worth it. I must say i do love my ellipitcal and how often do you hear someone say that about a exercise machine
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    O yeah i forgot to add! it folds up i have mine in my room and it's doesn't take up much space at all
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I bought this one last week.... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weslo-Momentum-G3.8-Elliptical/10568385

So far i have had no problems.... except that i have a hard time making myself getting on it LOL
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    I bought a Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer . Takes up space of 66 inches long by 25 inches wide by 66 inches tall. I like it. Not sure if it's still available or if a newer model is out. I bought it in Dec of 2008. A little spendy, though. Try Craigslist. I bought a recumbent stationary bike for next to nothing.

I bought a Bowflex as well, but I must say that better than any of the above, I prefer to go for a long walk. Great stress relief, if you have the time. Just walking and thinking.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I have the walmart "Gold's gym stride-trainer 300" thing with the adjustable stride length. It's comfortable and works well and I like it.

But - - - this weekend I have to take it apaert and reweld the frame, for the 3rd time. 3 breaks, 3 different places. I'm a big(ger) guy, about 205 pounds now. I pound the thing for 1/2 hour most days. 3 breaks in less than a year.

I'm going to try to get through 'til spring with it. I'm a biker when the weather's good and don't ellipt so much through the summer. Hope to move up to a better elliptical this fall.

Anyways,,, if you're not tiny, and you plan to really use the thing, you might aim a little higher than the Wallyworld specials. Mine has not held up so well......
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I got a Healthmaster at Sports Authority for about $400ish. i love it. it has 10 workouts, tracks your heart rate, carbs and calories burned, intensity and time left. has some great pre-programmed workouts but you can customize your own also.
  • kriddle2
    kriddle2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Orbitrek elliptical, I've had it for about a year! I love it. It's doesn't take up too much space, and it's easy enough to move around my apartment.

http://www.thane.com/products/fitness/orbitrekelite/orbitrek.php