What made you want to lose your weight?

Options

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was fit and firm. After 3 kids I'm ready to get back into shape. I want to be healthy in general, I even quit smoking after Thanksgiving.
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I want to have a baby!
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I tried walking to the movie theater about a mile away and couldn't go halfway without dry heaving and not being able to talk. I finally realized I was killing myself.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Reading obese in my file while at the doctors office.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I finished a marathon...dead last. I wanted to do it right the next time! (and I did...shaved 1.5 hours off my second one!)
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    I wanted to llok good for my sisters wedding since I looked fat and ugly at mine. Even my hubby didn't tell me I looked good at my wedding. 12 years after being grumpy and sad about it was enough! Slimmer me is here to stay!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When my size 18 jeans were getting way too tight! I knew it was time to do something!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My dad had a stroke at a young age. I realized I needed to make some serious changes in my life. I'm very happy that I did.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feeling unhealthy and seeing some rather scary pictures of myself.
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There are a blue million reasons, but what got my *kitten* in gear most recently? I decided I was never going to let myself be treated badly by a man ever again because I felt I couldn't do any better.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had lost a lot of weight once before and told myself I would never be X weight again. I was pretty much there and knew I needed to do something. Also my jeans were too snug and it was either lose weight or get new jeans. I'm so happy I chose option 1.
  • lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Several car accidents destroyed my body. I was told my only option was surgery to fix my back, neck & knee & they couldn't guarantee that I would walk on my own again anyway.

15 years ago I was 5'8", well over 215lbs, in a lot of pain & almost to my wits end. Today I'm just under 5'6" and between 146-150lbs, 18.6% BF: my profile pic was taken 3 weeks ago. (yes, I lost inches due to the damage in my back, neck & hips, but that just makes me push harder to be healthier, stronger, more fit as each year passes).

When someone says "You can't", I smile and say "Watch me!"

Truly an inspiration!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Several car accidents destroyed my body. I was told my only option was surgery to fix my back, neck & knee & they couldn't guarantee that I would walk on my own again anyway.

15 years ago I was 5'8", well over 215lbs, in a lot of pain & almost to my wits end. Today I'm just under 5'6" and between 146-150lbs, 18.6% BF: my profile pic was taken 3 weeks ago. (yes, I lost inches due to the damage in my back, neck & hips, but that just makes me push harder to be healthier, stronger, more fit as each year passes).

When someone says "You can't", I smile and say "Watch me!"

I'm never going to complain about my life again.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It may be superficial but it was all my smaller clothes. I just really wanted to be able to fit back into them
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I hit double digits in pants sizes.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    my friend texted me one day asking if i wanted to go on a diet with her. I said sure. At first I wanted to be supportive and give her a diet buddy, and I knew I needed to lose weight, but this time I actually felt like I was going to succeed so...it went from there.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A man--I'm trying to attract--pretty silly, huh? But there's lots of other benefits too, of course!
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had some serious health issues and being lean will help.
    I have booked to do the trek to the base camp of Everest in October and need to be fit and healthy.
    I don't want to be the straggler at the back.
  • PinkTink07
    Options
    My children deserve a healthy mom to be able to run around and play with them. They are my first reason. My second reason is for myself. I want to be able to be comfortable in my own skin and not feel like everyone is staring at me because I'm fat.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    It was pretty spur of the moment. I guess I just wanted a change.