apple shaped...Please HELP!

Options
HELP!!!!

I am basically shaped like an apple....my arms are large along with my chest, however my extremely HUGE problem area is my stomach. It is awful. I've been doing crunches trying to get rid of this "spare tire"....is there any other exercise routines that I should be doing to help me shed my stomach fat and at least show a waist line. Also, I've noticed when I do a lot of crunches I start to get muscle pains cramps like a charlie horse in my stomach area...is that normal? Could it possibly just come from crunches? (sorry if it sounds like a dumb questions). I really want to do more crunches but the cramping can be quite intense at times...

Please help!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You need to lose over all body fat to get a flat belly. All the crunches in the world won't get rid of fat off your belly.
  • neci79
    neci79 Posts: 3
    Options
    ok....so should I just do all cardio running/walking on the treadmill? until I see more results. I am new to exercising honestly and just don't know where to start other than watching what I'm eating...cutting back on my calorie intake.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    90% of your weight loss will come from your diet. Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can't spot and not to be rude but to keep it real if you still have 85 pounds to lose you won't have a flat stomach for awhile especially since you are apple shaped. ditto what mokey said about doing crunches to try and get a flat stomach
    just focus on losing weight overall and you will slim down.

weight loss is primarily from eating at a deficit.

to help with body recomposition do a mix of weight lifting and cardio. for weight lifting look up strong lifts, starting strength and new rules of lifting for women. all 3 are good beginner programs that will ensure that you retain as much lean body mass as possible while you lose weight. what that means is that you will burn primarily fat