New Here

Options
I'm new here and brand new to dealing with weight loss issues. Im' 47 and have 4 grown up kiddos. In late 07 I found out I had graves disease, had lost about 28 lbs in 3 months due to the illness. Was down to about 130 lbs at that point. After Radioactive Iodine Treatment to destroy my thyroid everything changed. I am now at 177 lbs and more miserable that I have ever been in my life. I am about 5'9" so I carry it OK, but I swear I am miserable. It is affecting so much of my life. I've tried skipping meals, not a good plan, just ask the guy at the mall who had to help me get back on my feet and feed me tog et my sugar back to normal..... I need to lose this weight, but more importantly I need to be healthier. It has all landed in my midsection and that is scary. Wost of all, I don't know where to start. Smaller protions and a WII fit are my plan so far.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan!!! :flowerforyou: Good for you and good luck on your journey!!:flowerforyou: Does your doctor have a plan for you follow? So many of the doctors :grumble: just tell you to eat less and exercise... I had a couple... not much help. I was just curious.:flowerforyou: