I live upstairs and don't know any queit excercises

Options
2»

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    you could do low impact dvds. there are some really challenging ones out there.
    or adjust plyo moves so it's more of a little hop to the side than an actual jump.
    like speed skaters for example. plyo is always challenging even if you make it
    low impact.

also, lots of kick boxing videos can be done in this situation.
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    HULA HOOP!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I had a neighbor like that but I told them to get over it. It's about an hour a day, it's not that serious.

wow
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Pilates! This is why I originally started it - needed to ease into exercise and I live upstairs in a thinly walled set of apartments. I use Youtube Pop Pilates - Beginner's Workout. Trainer's name is Cassie - it's really basic stuff (really I think a Pilates warmup?) but I'm still working on getting it down.

It's low impact, non-cardio, and feels great.

This! Pilates, aka floor exercises or isolated ones like crunches, yoga as well., core ball.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pilates and yoga are great! Is there anytime they're consistently gone that your home? I wait for my downstairs neighbor (she's awful) to drive away and I do my Turbo Fire workouts :) Not very convenient but it works for me :)

And I really recommend the 'New Rules of Lifting for Women'. Its lifting "heavy" and its relatively quiet.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    bump
  • raylener
    raylener Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Low impact aerobics for beginners by FitnessBlender.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Pilates and yoga are great!

I got pilates and yoga dvd's when I lived in an upstairs apartment. They worked out pretty well when I was trying to excercise quietly for the guy downstairs... he complained about everyone!

I ordered "Pilates for Beginners" and "Yoga for Weight Loss for Beginners" from Amazon's website.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pushups, Squats, Lunges, and Pullups all make no noise. They are about all you need for a beginner strength and conditioning program.

As far as cardio GET THE HECK OUT OF THE HOUSE!! go walking, running, hiking, biking ....
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    fitness blender on youtube has a workout designed specifically for people like you. I think its call the quiet workout

I hadn't seen that particular video until you posted this comment and I looked it up. I just did it this morning. It was much more intense than I'd expected it to be! Good workout!
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?

"bump" is used when there haven't been posts in a thread for awhile to keep the thread current.