If You Are Sick- Does It Count?

Options
I haven't been very well lately and have been sick on a number of occasions.
However a few times I have been sick within an hour or two of eating. So should I still count what I have eaten calorie wise-
or because I have been sick- do I take it back off and then have to make it back up to my calories for the day?

I don't know if that makes a whole lot of sense.
I don't have a whole lot to play with food wise as I have been unable to make it to the gym :(

But any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I would just put it in your log notes that you were sick on those days and just concentrate on getting well... :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • supercool111
    Options
    I would count it if I was you... Drink plenty of water and take it easy my dear!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    If you mean you're vomiting it back up, then I wouldn't count it. I would just drink lots of broth and water. Make notes in your diary.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I think you should definitely eat it back, and I'm not sure what your usual cal intake is like but maybe try to eat maintenance if you can. Your body is struggling to get better right now, and the added stress of losing weight might make it harder to recover. Get better soon sweetie! :flower:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i would adjust the portion size to 1/4 to 1/2 what i actually ate (depending on the time it managed to stay in my tummy). your body did get something from it, but probably not enough. that's my two cents anyway. :)
  • supercool111
    Options
    I just don't see the point in forcing yourself to eat when you can't keep it down anyway! When I am sick I don't eat anything (except maybe some dried toast) until I feel better. "Feed a cold, starve a fever" is the expression I think. I think that you'd be putting added pressure on your body by trying to force it to digest foods it obviously cannot digest at this time.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Supercool- no disrespect, but that's an old wives tale, that I'm pretty sure most experts disagree with. Obviously if you can''t keep anything down, don't stress your system trying to, but eat what you can. You still need energy.
  • supercool111
    Options
    That's how everyone does it where I am from. There's no point in eating until you can keep it down!