I feel disgusted and I have failed....MANY TIMES!

Options
So....I'm a 22 year old hispanic male. I basically gained all my weight in college, I went from 5'7 150 to 5'7 175 (AFTER COLLEGE).

Two years later I haven't lost any of that weight, heck, I've gained 10 more pounds (Sitting at 185ish *sigh*)

I would like to meet people here who will keep me motivated and just someone who I can chat with through this weight loss journey.

Couple things about me:

- I'm in a long-term relationship. Why is this important you ask? It's part of the reason I've tacked on weight, I already have the goods so why workout/eat like I did before? That's the reasoning that has formed part of my bad diet. Plus, we both love fine dining and we're guilty of sometimes eating out TOO MUCH!

- I own a small car dealership so I'm always busy, I need ideas that cater to someone on the go.

- I want to AT LEAST treat myself to ONE meal outside of home a week.

- I plan on working out three times a week for 30 minutes.

- I prefer to keep it simple when it comes to cooking/preparing my food, so ideas/recipes for a noob in the kitchen are very welcome :]

- This isn't my first go around, I've been on three diets in the past 2 years, all have failed.

So leave a reply and I look forward to this, I want THIS to be the first day of my new lifestyle change.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss plans only fail if you quit. As long as you are still breathing, you haven't failed.

Someone told me once, "There is no such thing as failure, only delayed success."
  • cnash1303
    Options
    Add me...

19 yo college student in a long term relationship ( i know the story bro)

check out my blog
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that happened to me - well worse though. When I was 16 I got down from 220 to 160, I then met my now husband and after 4 years and one baby later I started back at 280. I have lost 25 pounds so far though, I feel really good about it now. Don't look at it as a diet though, look at it as something you can maintain for life. it is so much easier this time for me to stick to it because it's not a punishment anymore. I eat what I like, in moderation. I exercise by doing things I love and I am learning that it's okay to splurge sometimes, but not to let that last longer than a day. It seems to be working for me. I have had a bit of a down slide since the holidays but this week I got right back on it and I feel pretty good. You can do it!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There are many restauarants out there with GOOD low calorie meals. Try checking out the Applebees or Chili's website - they have special low calorie meals. Most fast food restaurants have pretty good salads - my favorite is the Southwest Salad with grilled chicken at McDonalds. Go onto restaurant websites and familiarize yourself with some of their choices and eating out once or twice a week should be OK.

For breakfast I do "scrambled eggs" at work in the microwave. Since most of the calories in eggs come from the yolk I do 1 whole egg and then 2 or 3 egg whites. Sometimes I will add a pc of toast with I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spray and sugar free jam.

Lunch (also fixed at work) a turkey sandwich - sometimes a grilled cheese sandwich made from kraft fat free slices (we have a hot plate at work), a big salad with low fat/fat free salad dressing, no sugar added mandarin orange slices or sugar free pudding cup.

Snacks might be banana, apple or 100 calorie snack packs.

I do my biggest meal at night. Baked chicken with bbq shake-n-bake or homemade chicken strips (cut up chicken breast into strips and bake then dip in bbq sauce), Frozen peas or carrots (or whatever vegies you like), a salad with low fat/fat free salad dressing, some fruit and a little 100 calorie ice cream sundae cup.

I find that if I buy the small 100 calorie packs, i keep my portion size under control and still get little "treats".

Good luck!!
  • rob0619
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I've sent requests to everyone, hope you don't mind. I figured having a decent size newsfeed will give me some ideas for meals/exercise and just an overall better experience :]
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    good luck with your goals feel free to add me
  • scssam
    scssam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 years old.. 5'7" and was at 226lb.

So it can be done man.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

- This isn't my first go around, I've been on three diets in the past 2 years, all have failed.

this is your problem... diets do not work... you need a healthy lifestyle not a fad that you stop after a few weeks.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    you only truly fail when you give up and stop trying..... If you keep trying you are not failing.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I feel you... I have been trying to lose weight for two years as well and instead of losing anything I've put on ten more pounds. The guy I'm seeing now hates doing anything physical so I always feel silly working out around him, and the way we eat is exactly the opposite so I find myself eating more poorly than I'd often like to (he'll order food like a pizza or something and I'll find myself drooling and giving in and sharing). I agree with others, that the best route to success is not a diet but a lifestyle change, so even though it's hard sometimes to do that, it's something to keep in mind. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I kept failing - just never made it a priority. then I ended up in ICU having a heart cath. Fortunately even with congestive heart failure, it was not too late.

¡Buena suerte!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    Winston Churchill
    Buck Up - we've all been there. You're here, and that means the fight continues.
    Progress is facing our challenges head on, gathering energy and pushing ahead no matter what. And at day's end our success as individuals lies not in never falling, but in staying in the fight and never quitting.
    All Is Possible
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options

this is your problem... diets do not work... you need a healthy lifestyle not a fad that you stop after a few weeks.
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hi I know how you feel and being on the shorter side doesn't help ! Im 5'2 and 155 and I know it doesnt sound huge but for 5'2 Im suppose to be around 110-120 . Gotta love the relationship pounds me and my bf of 5 years are the same. We both have put on weight since we met and it doesnt help that we like to cook together and have bbqs during the summer for get togethers. feel free to add me if you liked 2
  • roma2
    roma2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Rob. Happy to see that your motivation is high. For me, planning my meals ahead of time is the key. I wish you lots of luck and strength. Feel free to add me.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options
    I'm 45 years old.. 5'7" and was at 226lb.
    So it can be done man.
    Wow, this is very inspiring!
    When it comes to success, we must have faith in our ability to achieve.
    Do you really, truly believe with all your heart and passion that you can reach your fitness goals?
    We must presuppose success; visualize yourself fit and healthy.
    Rob, you can do this!
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I know its hard to keep healthy especially being from a latin culture I love to eat :) as well. We all have failed many times, but you brush it off and get up again. I use to weigh 350 lbs and now I am 166 lbs. So it is still a fight to be healthy and fit. Trust me if I did I know you can! I know the pressures from work are hard, I can only imagine owning my own business. The encouragement and the motivation from everyone keeps you pushing. If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm in a long-term relationship as well, and I hate to admit it... but I think part of my weight gain is from my relationship as well. This is also my 5th diet attempt in the past two years, and I've given up the other times. So I feel ya!
  • AntColley
    Options
    So....I'm a 22 year old hispanic male. I basically gained all my weight in college, I went from 5'7 150 to 5'7 175 (AFTER COLLEGE).

Two years later I haven't lost any of that weight, heck, I've gained 10 more pounds (Sitting at 185ish *sigh*)

I would like to meet people here who will keep me motivated and just someone who I can chat with through this weight loss journey.

Couple things about me:

- I'm in a long-term relationship. Why is this important you ask? It's part of the reason I've tacked on weight, I already have the goods so why workout/eat like I did before? That's the reasoning that has formed part of my bad diet. Plus, we both love fine dining and we're guilty of sometimes eating out TOO MUCH!

- I own a small car dealership so I'm always busy, I need ideas that cater to someone on the go.

- I want to AT LEAST treat myself to ONE meal outside of home a week.

- I plan on working out three times a week for 30 minutes.

- I prefer to keep it simple when it comes to cooking/preparing my food, so ideas/recipes for a noob in the kitchen are very welcome :]

So leave a reply and I look forward to this, I want THIS to be the first day of my new lifestyle change.

Ditto !!!!! We are all here for a reason, and this is exactly why im here. Don't give up !!! "I will win" is the mentality you want. You are doing this for yourself, no one else remember.
  • rob0619
    Options
    ^This is what I'm going to be doing, I don't like planning things out but I feel I need a plan with my new eating habits. I'm going plan my days the night before.

Thanks for the motivation everyone!