43 inches gone! Halfway to goal w/pics! :)

Options
Well, 43.25 to be exact. :P From head to toe, in the last year, I have lost over 3 and a half feet off of my body. Hopefully, you can see the difference ;)

This is my first success/mid-point story. It has been exactly a year (as of Jan 1st) that I started on this journey. And while I haven't lost a ton of weight in that year, about 27 lbs to be exact, I have lost a ton of inches!!

To anyone who feels like giving up because the scale isn't moving, please, please, please, take your measurements!! I have gained so much muscle, and even on months when I didn't lose a single pound, I always lost inches.

To those wondering what type of workouts I did:

The first 6-7 months I did cardio and free weights- cardio an hour a day five to six days a week. Strength circuit- one hour, full body, 2-3 times a week.

The last 5 months I have been switching things up and alternating between my normal routine and using workout dvds. I've completed 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I plan to do both of those dvds again before I start on p90x in March.

Some highlights from my inches lost include :

Hip: down 7.5"
Waist: down 6.25"
Each Thigh: down 5.75"
Underbust: down 4.5"
Plus many many more!! :D

I am about half way to my ultimate goal, but I will re-evaluate as I go, since the scale is not always my friend, I will continue to measure and measure away!

This was me at my heaviest, and most out of shape I've ever been in my life.

Picture362_zpsd1ce1166-1_zpscf67d894.jpg

Picture297_zpsa93884df-1_zps0a535042.jpg

And this is me now, the first picture was taken this Christmas, the close up one was taken on New Years Eve.

IMG_1053_zpsbfd222f0-1_zpsc68d6d39.jpg

IMG_1075_zpsa7c14a78-1_zpsa901f6e1-1_zps8760359d.jpg

Feel free to add me or ask questions! :)

Replies

• Kalona388
    Options
    Hmm...I need to resize those pictures...
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Wow!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What a transformation, you look fantastic - well done !
  • ann0416
    ann0416 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AWESOMEEEE !!!!!!! :D
  • Yummy515
    Options
    You look great!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Great Job! You look absolutely stunning :)
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great. My scales aren't nice to me either, although I keep losing cms, the kgs just don't seem to like moving much. Great inspiration, I have quite a similar figure to you and now know what I can maybe expect. :)
  • k8watkins
    Options
    And your only half way??? You look fab hun, I think you might struggle to lose that many inches again. Well done you've fone fantastically. If you dont mind me asking what weight are you at? Just out of curiosity.
    Kate x
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you look fab , well done :)
  • QuevedoM
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful! I am new with this site and I'm glad to see that it helps people with losing weight. Do you have any advice?
  • Kalona388
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)
  • Kalona388
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful! I am new with this site and I'm glad to see that it helps people with losing weight. Do you have any advice?

My biggest piece of advice would be to not be afraid of weights. A lot of people stick mostly with cardio...because it burns so many calories, but I think toning is such a huge part of weight loss. If I had only done cardio I may have lost more weight by now, but I probably wouldn't look like I do or have any muscle definition. You'll feel stronger, which makes you feel more confident, and pushes you even further during your workouts :)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look beautiful!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Your waist is so tiny! Well done!
  • tammytee93
    tammytee93 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I have lost minimal weight in over 3 months. I eat 1400 calaroies daily on avergae and try to exercise daily. However, I have toned quite a bit. Currently I am doing 30D Shred and can see a difference in my body but the scale or measurements won't budge.
  • dosnis
    dosnis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I am touched by your story. You look wonderful! Good Job!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Now that is an hourglass waist!
    Fantastic weight loss and I absolutely love your hair in the current photographs :blushing:
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You're a very beautiful girl before and after! Very happy for you (:
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Keep it up!
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WOW! Love to see transformations! Esp how much happier everyone looks in their improved bodies! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!