When people ask me how I did it. 100lbs

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
So I just spent 30 minutes sitting in a rotating office chair with my 11 month (a little over 20lbs) old riding on my feet as I lifted him a few inches off the ground and rotated the chair. When people ask about my exercise routine I always say I just became more active and this is what I mean by that. Diet and exercise means stop eating junk and start moving and that is it. I might not have time to go to the gym as mommy to multiple boys but there is always a way to move. I might still have to have have chicken nuggets in the house but I don't have to eat them.

Ok since everyone loves before and after here ya go

5'4" 218lbs
gracevisit.jpg

and after this is when I was about 120lbs

523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

Replies

• Fierystrawberry
    Options
    Thanks i understand what having kids are like. I join the gym and i am going to go everyday at lunch. I feel guilty taking time away from her. S I think this will works out better for me. What kind of food do you eat now? Thank you for sharing.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look great..and your advice is simple and sound. So many of us want some big truth revealed..so we can get to goal quicker..but what you say makes sense.
  • triciab79
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose anymore but the basic diet is lots of veggies, fiber, and lean protein. No fast food and no cheating days, fast food, or naughty desserts (mmm cake) until the goal is reached. Since I am at goal I am allowed some treats now (mmmm cookies) but the calories still have to balance each week.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your opening story is so cute and true! Great work, and great job of showing how you've become more active on a daily basis as you've gone through this.
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look truely amazing. I know it sounds simple.....but kutos to you on the dedication and self control :D I get that it's different for everyone, but can I ask how many calories you averaged per day?
  • Testerteam
    Options
    How long has it taken for you to do it?
  • triciab79
    Options
    9 months is how long it took and I started out at around 2k calories and just kept dropping it by 100 or so every few weeks. Had to live at about 1k calories for a month at the end to lose the last 10lbs but I am maintaining at 1600 so it balanced back out ok.
  • bartonbogs
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and current status. It's great to see results, even if they aren't mine! and Congratulations for reaching goal and maintaining!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great work, what an inspiration. 100 lbs??? I can't even imagine that. Add me if you would like, I can always use good friends to help me along.
  • Bellasammy
    Options
    Amazing !!!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Is that your husband? He is one lucky man. Not many men his size can say they have a fit trophy wife
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful, and you have lovely princess hair! Well done, enjoy your new body!
  • supermoo2
    Options
    so true - I lost 52 lbs in 11 months and did not step foot inside a gym...just sensible eating of ALL the food groups, and walking, a bit of cycling and using stairs instead of the lift at work....

All movement adds up - even a good housecleaning session burns an incredible amount of calories.

Oh - and WELL DONE - you look simply FABULOUS
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    Wow!!!! You're my inspiration now!!!
    I've lost the first 50 lbs and now I'm looking forward to lose the other 50 lbs.
    I weigh about 185 lbs now. :):)

PS: You're looking so beautiful now! :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations :)

I think in this day a lot of people are assuming that weight loss is either due to an illness (had this conversation with a client of mine who had a patron ask her she must not feel well in order to lose 100 lbs and insisted my client was lying to her), or they assume you have had some sort of weight loss surgery. Sadly, we hear too much about weight loss surgeries on TV and in the news. And, insurance companies are paying for them left and right like it is nothing.

Hard work and dedication!!!!!!!!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Good job girl! You rock! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MrsMontgomery
    Options
    I see that you started at 218.6. This morning when i woke up at weighed myself I was 218.4. I guess if you can do it, i should be able to do it as well. How long did it take you again?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!