Lovin them!

Options
Compliments that is!! Over the last week since I've been able to fit into my size 6 jeans and slacks (2 pair are size 4!!) people have been complimenting me. Telling me they can't even tell I've had a baby. I'm loving every minute of it!! It's been so long! I was pregnant in 2006/2007 then got back into shape a year after having my first baby. Then, I got pregnant with my second in 2008 and had her in Jan of 2009. I'm finally starting to feel 'normal' again. All of you mommies know what that feels like. My body is back to being mine! It takes a good year for me to feel like myself after having a baby. I got back into running, I work out 5 days a week (my time is limited since I work full time, so my workouts are short but I fit them in) and I have stuck to a healthy diet (minus pumpkin pie over the weekend -my 2 yr old's reward for potty training!!) and it's paying off! I'm almost to my goal weight (4 lbs away) and I am really trying to get down to 16-18% body fat!

Last May/June I weighed144-149 (I was fluctuating big time) and was a size 12. Now I'm 129.4!! YEAH!!! Took me so long! I would go months without loosing. My Dr. said that it was probably my hormones adjusting. LOL I think it was my pseudo good diet! I was in denial about what I was eating and how much I was eating. I'm on track now! I was 134 the beginning of Jan and Voila! 5 lbs gone!!!

Just thought I'd share my excitement! I am finally feeling good again! And I totally can't wait to rock some shorts, tank tops and a bikini this summer!!! I'm going to start my personal training career as well. I put it on hold while pregnant and working to get my body back. I felt weird training people when I was not in the shape to do it. I've been certified for years... now I just need to jump into getting that career going so I can work part time and stay home with my girls!

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    way to go! You are a great inspiration LeighAnne. Your future clients will be lucky to have you.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I tooo had a baby January of 2009 and am finally feeling somewhat normal. I have 14 more prebaby pounds to lose. Thanks for inspiring!!! :smooched:
  • les0423
    Options
    Congrats! I just had my first baby in April. It took me a good 6 months before I saw any weight loss and I still have a long ways to go. You've set a great example for us new moms who are trying to get our body back! So happy for you!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! For the first time in 3 years I'm feeling normal and happy in my body and can't wait to reach my goals! I'm not one that loved being pregnant. I love the baby part... but it is very uncomfortable and I did not feel good ever. I don't like being big and uncomfortable. And after pregnancy, a woman's body goes through so much change. Mine was unrecognizable.... I hated the mirror and trying to find clothes that fit... I'm finally getting to the point where I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! :drinker:
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    Good for you! I too had a baby (my 2nd) January 09. I know what you mean about feeling back to normal, with being pregnant then breastfeeding. Now, my body is all mine again!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!

It is nice to not have to share your body isn't it? Although very worth it, I'm glad it's temporary. =) LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!