Where do I find a home scale that can way me?

Options
:embarassed: Please take into consideration I just got out of bed and actually do know that it is weigh and not way:laugh:

Ok so most scales stop at 350 I found one that went to 400, but that is not good enough. I really would like to weigh myself and watch my progress here at home. Does any one know where I can find a scale that goes at least to 450 if not 500 with out taking out a loan?

Replies

• rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Please take into consideration I just got out of bed and actually do know that it is weigh and not way:laugh:

Ok so most scales stop at 350 I found one that went to 400, but that is not good enough. I really would like to weigh myself and watch my progress here at home. Does any one know where I can find a scale that goes at least to 450 if not 500 with out taking out a loan?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hi rayneenie,

The only suggestions I have for you is going to a hospital or clinic and asking them if you can use their scale once a week.
    Here is a link to a site the sells scales that go up to 500 pds at LivingXL.com (about $70) They're digital and they speak the wt. so you can actually stand still and get an accurate wt.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :smile: If you have a regular physician they will gladly let you go there to weigh without charge until you get the type of scale you like. I understand what you mean about wanting to weigh at home instead of the hassle of going somewhere to have it done. I need to purchase another scale also, mine wants to stick all over the place.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Whatever you discover about weighing yourself. . .

also buy a tape measure and take your measurements. This is almost always more encouraging than the scale. I hate the scale, but that is another story. . . I SO wish I had taken my measurements from the beginning.

Although you shouldn't have to take out a loan (LOL, I know what you mean) invest in a quality scale from the get go. I wasted a lot of 30 bucks at a time, and I'm still dissatisfied with my home scale.

:flowerforyou:
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi rayneenie,

The only suggestions I have for you is going to a hospital or clinic and asking them if you can use their scale once a week.
    Here is a link to a site the sells scales that go up to 500 pds at LivingXL.com (about $70) They're digital and they speak the wt. so you can actually stand still and get an accurate wt.

Thank you so much I am gonna get one of these soon. WooHoo!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome:happy: