New Year, I want a new me

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Meghan I am 24 and very overweight. My whole life I've been heavier, but I believe that I have reached my breaking point. I usually stay at one weight but over the past year I have gained a lot. I have a lot of health issues already. I have high blood pressure, I know I'm 24 and I have HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!
I also have anxiety. I've struggled with it for a very long time now and I feel like if I feel better about myself and be more healthy than maybe it would help that also.

I'm missing out on a lot of things in life because of my weight. I went to the festival of lights and I struggled just walking up hills, it takes the fun out of everything. I want to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to worry if I can fit in a booth or not! I want to walk into a bar and feel sexy. I just really want a change, and I'm hoping myfitnesspal can help me!

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    just stay motivated, and take it one day at a time. design your plan, set your goals, and be strong in your daily choices! good luck, you can do it!
  • SamFleming1985
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Sam and I'm 27. I have 2 gorgeous kiddies. My son will be 1 in a couple of weeks. The last few months it has been easy to use the excuse I have just had a baby excuse. But enough is enough. I am disgusted with the way I look and feel and I struggle every day with what I am going to wear as my pants are to tight and I refuse to get a bigger size. I also suffer from high blood pressure and I know that it is in relation to my weight. So I decided this year is my year to shine. As of the 1st I have started planning and preparing my meals in advance and I have been getting onto the treadmill every day for 20-30 minutes of walking and jogging. Previous to this I was doing it half heartedly. I know it is only very early days, but I already feel better and have a little more energy :)
    Look forward to hearing about your lovely selves.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, if you want to be friends shot me through an invite