stay at home moms!

EmilyStrick
EmilyStrick Posts: 267
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
i am getting my old job back!!! i was a stay at home mom until my husband was laid off last fall, but he starts his new job on the 8th, so i will be staying home again with my 1.5 year old!!! yay!!! so glad that my house will run smoothly again and the laundry and dishes will be done correctly...haha! anyway....for you other sahm's, what do you have your activity level set at? considering i'll be doing laundry, dishes, cleaning, making beds, going to the park, cooking, running after a small monster yelling "no", "stop climbing on that", "take that out of your mouth", "stop pulling the dog's ear", etc., i would assume that "sedentary" does not apply!!! :wink: being home again also allows me to go back to a regular exercise schedule, but i will log that separately.

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    I love having my little one at home and am really sad that he's 8 months today but I keep my level at sedentary for now. He's not crawling and we spend most of our time playing on the floor when I'm not cleaning and working out. Once he starts crawling I'm bumping it up!!! Yay for you being back at home. I must say when I first left my job I felt sad and really wanted to go back to work, now I wouldn't give this up for anything (okay, if I really had to I would, but would hate it, I love this time home with my sweet little boy)!!!

I'd say you are way higher than sedentary!
  • I have mine set at slightly active and am dealign with 5 kids all day
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    I have mine set at lightly active. I was set at moderate, but it wasn't getting me anywhere, so I switched it to light. I have 4, 5 counting babysitting, at home, and 3 of them are under three, so I feel like I do more, but the scale just wasn't agreeing with me. I should probably clean my house more ;)
  • i have a four year old and a 1.5 year old.. I have mine at active.. i am constantly on my feet doing something.. if i sit its generally not for long. :happy:
  • I have mine on the lowest. He's 2 years old and we do stuff but he's very good about playing by himself and I don't chase after him all the time. In the summer I will definitely change it because we will be going to the pool, park, etc....FUN FUN ACTIVE ACTIVE! I can't wait. Last summer I wasn't very motivated but now I so much more energy since I've been working out :) I'm also looking into getting the body bugg so that will help me keep track of what I'm doing throughout the day
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old, even though I am doing something everyday (cleaning, laundry, organizing, attending several playdates in a week) I still keep it at sedentary because it is not consistent every day so I don't want to count it. The only activity I count are my daily workouts (during nap time of course), everything else is just extra activity that I just see as a bonus but I don't log it. In other words, I don't want to depend on that extra activity.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    hi
    im a stay at home mom almost 5yrs now I have 3 kids 9yr 4yr and almost 3yr
    i would say im active... besides maintaining the house i also work out at the YMCA 4-5 times a week for at least 2 hours a night.. im pretty wore out after that!! i almost dont even want to fix dinner some nights .. after 2 hours of cardio im ready for a shower then bed lol...
This discussion has been closed.