NEWBIE!

Options
Hello everyone...I started my journey on February 8th and this is not my first time struggling with weight loss. I am 23 years old, I'm 5'3 and though I've never been "fat fat", i've never been "hot body healthy". That is what i want to be this time. Right now i'm starting at 155lbs. About a year and a half ago I was weighing in around 165 so I've at least lost 10 and kept that off. Now i'm down another 5! Hooray! My goal is to be 125 by my 24th birthday which is May 20. I think I can do this. That means losing 2 pounds a week...every week. So far I've been doing decently well. I joined a gym have been going off and on and eating right off and on as well (which you can tell if you check out my food section). However...its time to kick it up a notch. No one believes in me anymore because I always give up but not this time....no sir...this time my body is going to match my inside. I'm young, i'm educated, i have a great job, and a pretty face....but im overweight and i'm sick of it. OH...AND IM SINGLE. And i'm pretty sure i'm going to stay that way if i dont shape up. This summer, I want to go to the beach in a bikini and have my friends be like..."damn Brittany, where in the world did that body come from?" That is my ideal goal. Plus, i want to be able to run around without losing my breath and jump and play like a 20 something should. I know i'm on my way and if I keep it up I can do it, its just that i usually quit...and i need support to stay on track. Hopefully this community will provide that for me. As of right now, i already love this website! Its gotten me 5 lbs down! Please help keep me on track and I promise to put support into the community as well!

Replies

• berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't it matters how much you have to lose, you have to want to be healthy! No matter if your "fat fat" or "out of shape" choosing a healthier lifestyle is wonderful and commendable! You'll love the sense of community and resources available here at MFP and I welcome you to your new outlook on your life :-)
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I'm also 5'3 and got up to around the same weight with around the same goal weight. Thankfully with every single pound, it shows on a short body! Keep up the good work!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support...If anyone has any tips that work or help you avoid eating terrible foods because food is my biggest addiction that would help tremendously.

P.S. GOOD JOB ON THE SMOKING BERLIN! THATS AMAZING!