Paleo Eaters?

Options
Alright so who is a Paleo eater and how long have you been a Paleo eater?

Replies

• MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Primal, almost 1 year.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    On and off for about a year or so. Currently really exploring and enjoying it more :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about trying to replicate a neo paleolithic diet, or time traveling cannibalism?

Because I only do the latter.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I only eat dinosaurs.

and cheesecake
  • Liadora11
    Options
    Me! Paleo (plus oatmeal and rice) for nearly 2 years now. Lost 25kgs and got rid of PCOS and anemia (sp). Love it :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I just started... rough going the first couple of days as my system gets used to less carbs and junk.. but with some advil and sleep, I'm gettng over the carb flu. Giving up my 4 a day diet coke habit is going to be tough.. down to 1 a day now.. and should be off by next week.
  • ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So glad I just found this post!! I just started Paleo and I am on day 4. I was pretty much eating close to the style already. However with day 2 I was really craving bread and I don't really eat alot of bread to begin with. Please tell me it gets easier :o) I don't drink soda, eat any excess sugar (ie coffee, candies, etc). I'm lactose intolerant but would eat yogurt & cheese. I think I will have the hardest part not eating cheese. Any recommendations??
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    10 weeks
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    6 months Primal. Love it.
  • ryobious
    ryobious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you all calorie count as well as eating paleo/primal? I know technically you aren't really suppose to but I feel like I have to.
  • ryobious
    ryobious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So glad I just found this post!! I just started Paleo and I am on day 4. I was pretty much eating close to the style already. However with day 2 I was really craving bread and I don't really eat alot of bread to begin with. Please tell me it gets easier :o) I don't drink soda, eat any excess sugar (ie coffee, candies, etc). I'm lactose intolerant but would eat yogurt & cheese. I think I will have the hardest part not eating cheese. Any recommendations??

It does get easier. It takes time but slowly it'll get easier and you'll feel better and even if you cave and give in to your cravings you'll realize you feel much better not eating them. The dairy thing is tough, really tough. I'm actually allergic to dairy. Everytime I ate it I got really sick, lactose isn't my issue but dairy as a whole. Find new ways to make your favorites without cheese but do something to make up for it. When I do flank steak taco night I make an awesome homemade salsa or vinegar based slaw to top my flank steak so I don't miss the cheese. With pizza (using one of the different Paleo crusts) I do a veggie pizza with homemade Paleo Sausage. I sautee all my vegetables first, make an awesome diced tomoato sauce and top with a spicy sausage. It is so flavorful I don't notice something is missing. You just have to make your flavors really bold in dishes to not feel like something is missing!
  • lepahc
    lepahc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been doing paleo on and off for years now. When I first started I was on it solid for 3 months and lost nearly 100lbs. I really enjoyed it, but I ended up getting sick (unrelated) and ended up in the hospital. After that I had trouble getting back in the grove. Got my girlfriend into paleo as well, but we both had issues keeping it going, mostly because we enable each other with bad choices.

We started again this new year and we are very determined, for me it is super important to continue on no matter what. So far it has been great and I feel great.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Do you all calorie count as well as eating paleo/primal? I know technically you aren't really suppose to but I feel like I have to.

kind of...i try to watch my macros more than anything, as long as I am under carbs and sugars, i am happy ...and most days I eat back my calories from exercise and i have lost weight and BF%
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

You know you can gain weight eating "healthy" foods and lose it eating "unhealthy" foods right?

My advice would be to track.
  • tinytemple
    tinytemple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Primal/paleo for 6 months - it has really transformed my outlook on life and view of what it means to be healthy! I have lost 10lbs which may not seem much but i'm only 5 feet and have a messed up body due to a history of eating disorders.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    primal/paleo for 2 weeks and more weeks to come :D
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    6 months and feel and look healthier. It was hard at first, had the carb/sugar flu (could of knocked me over with a feather my energy was so low) The cravings do go away over time ,which means you stop dreaming of pizza and warm bread. :smile:
    So hang in there. It is well worth the journey
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Alright so who is a Paleo eater and how long have you been a Paleo eater?

Since September 1st 2011.

No.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I do, but I it's mostly a retroactive tracking. I eat, I track, and then I see how far above/below I am. I generally end up right around goal, and don't stress if I'm under or over. I see what caused that, and move on.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I still count.
    Sometimes I overeat by 700kcals a day for weeks on end.
    I don't seem to put weight on or change my fat %.
    There is something going on at a nutritional level that doesn't pan out for the pure kcal theory.
    But then it never was an "exact" science.
    Processed foods don't always fill the void, you can end up craving more.
    Meat and 2 veg is the way forward ;)
    Mind you, I still eat protein bars and the odd chocolate etc...
    Just no potato (unless sweet), no rice, no pasta etc....