need help in my daily prot carb fat intake please :(

Options
hello there folks,

so after long research for best diet i can find and ofcourse must be healthy,
i was doing a wrong high protein diet ( was like 80% more prot hahaha) thank god it didnt take long.

anyway i have set up a new healthy diet with the following :

28.9 % protein
46.2% carb
24.9% fat

im nearly 300 lbs ( hard for me to say it hehe) and around 5'6 tall and 29 old male

u think this is ok? cause its my 1st time of doing it i hope its ok

i dont have diet journal in my account since i didnt know how to use it but will start doing it soon and type everything in it.

thank u very much in advance

update : i have updated it i typed the numbers wrong

Replies

• sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sorry for the mistake :D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think you might be focussing too much on the numbers - it's much more realistic to aim for "around 30%" of one of your macros rather than aiming for a very specific 28.9.

There isn't one magic formula - you need to try it and see if it works for you. I'd say that rough split (lets call it 45% carbs, 25% fat and 30% protein) is a good basis. Record eveything in your food log so that after a month you can look back and see if it's getting results, and also if those macros are feasible for YOU.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep, sounds about right, good luck!
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looks OK, you are not far away from the 'zone' scheme of 40 carbs 30 protein 30 fat. I recently got the 40/30/30 pamphlet by Ann gittleman which is quite interesting.

The other way of doing things is to look in terms of quantities rather than percentages. Work out your lean body mass and calculate protein from this, depending on what weight training you do. If you want To go down that path I'm sure people will help you with it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Most people seem to recommend 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and .35 grams of fat per pound of total body weight. Then the rest carbs. For me that means 50% carbs, 25% each of protein and fat.