Friends needed to help kick my *kitten*!

Options
Firstly, happy new year! -- I wonder how many of us are here thanks to NY resolutions?

My name is Ceri, and I'm a 25 year old Welsh lass based in London, and I'm USELESS at sticking at anything in life - hobbies, fitness, you name it - I will get bored of it in a couple of weeks.

One thing I have found to help at sticking to things is having a group of people to push you, and to help push - a community of support! So I'm looking for like-minded people eager to get into shape through healthy eating and exercise.

I am aiming for 1210 calories a day (ARGH) and am hoping to get to the gym at least 4 times a week. I took my first ever yoga class yesterday (loved it) and attend classes like spin and body combat. I'm also wanting to get into strength training, so any advice people can give me on that is most appreciated!

As for inspiration, I've been obsessing over www.weightlossphotos.net - SUCH good motivation, and their hints and success stories are great.

Anyway, let's be fitness pals? :smile:

Replies

• FitFrazzle
    Options
    Invite sent,

I'm in West Sussex and I'm on here daily. I find the motivation from my MFP friends really helpful. Also we have a good laugh too which helps.

Cheers

Frazer.
  • jericenkins
    Options
    Thanks Frazer!

I'm hoping to be on here daily as well - my job involves a lot of computer time, so I'm always one click away :)
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Ditto, I'm always at a PC of some-kind, there's got to be benefits of a desk job eh!!

Frazer.
  • Jenna0601
    Options
    Hi Ceri,
    I'm Jenna, living in High Wycombe and finally kicking myself into gear to get fit. I had a baby in May last year, and that gave me the perfect excuse to eat what I wanted and ruin my already oversized body! I am preparing myself to start my fitness regime on Monday (the day after my birthday) and have already planned my first week of meals and bought the 30 day shred dvd. I've seen other posts about the DVD and the results are amazing. I dont have the time (or money) to hit the gym and I am not ready to start running the streets just yet. I have a long way to go and am finally excited to just get on with it...!

Anyone else out there want to help keep us motivated!?

Jen x
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Invite sent, Been here the same number of days as Frazz. It's been a fun journey so far !
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Friend invite sent :)

I know that feeling, I had another account back in 2011 and my MFP buddies helped me lose 60 lbs.
    I put a little back on since then so I'm back now for a new 2013 challenge.
  • jericenkins
    Options
    Hi Ceri,
    I'm Jenna, living in High Wycombe and finally kicking myself into gear to get fit. I had a baby in May last year, and that gave me the perfect excuse to eat what I wanted and ruin my already oversized body! I am preparing myself to start my fitness regime on Monday (the day after my birthday) and have already planned my first week of meals and bought the 30 day shred dvd. I've seen other posts about the DVD and the results are amazing. I dont have the time (or money) to hit the gym and I am not ready to start running the streets just yet. I have a long way to go and am finally excited to just get on with it...!

Anyone else out there want to help keep us motivated!?

Jen x

Hi Jenna,

Ohhh, what is the 30 day shred? That sounds interesting. Congrats on the new addition to your life (boy or girl?) and congrats on deciding to get into shape - we will both look back at this time and think this was the best decision ever!

Please add me as a friend on here, it'd be great to keep each other motivated :D
    Invite sent, Been here the same number of days as Frazz. It's been a fun journey so far !

Thanks hun! Wow, your weightloss bar shows such progress - you'll have to share some hints and tips...
    Friend invite sent :)

I know that feeling, I had another account back in 2011 and my MFP buddies helped me lose 60 lbs.
    I put a little back on since then so I'm back now for a new 2013 challenge.

Wow, it's incredible how much motivation from a community can help - I hope you guys don't mind someone who posts a lot...
    Invite sent! I'm in Dublin, and have been at this for a while now, less into the weightloss aspect and more into regular exercise and activity side - If there's loss all the better! I weight train, dance and walk a lot. Would be great to have an active fitness buddy, I'll kick your *kitten* if you kick mine!

Thank you! I solemnly swear to kick your *kitten*, haha. Yeah, I think building healthy habits to last a lifetime is as important as anything else you can do whilst exercising. I am so bad at setting unrealistic goals that I never get to the point where things become a habit...
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some more MFP friends. I had a good 2012 losing nearly 30 pounds in total but I've struggled a bit over the festive period.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Always glad to have more UK friends, although be aware, I'm not into weight loss, but glad to help and encourage with strength training.
  • jericenkins
    Options
    I'm also looking for some more MFP friends. I had a good 2012 losing nearly 30 pounds in total but I've struggled a bit over the festive period.

Ah, the holidays are always the worst! Especially for empty alcohol calories D: But what amazing work you did during 2012! Congratulations.
    Always glad to have more UK friends, although be aware, I'm not into weight loss, but glad to help and encourage with strength training.

Strength training is really going to make a difference to me, so I'd be ever so grateful for any hints and tips. Just wish I had a strngth training buddy in London!
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    Hi Jenna,

Feel free to add me (and anyone else) 32 and live in Cheshire. On here a lot in work time too haha