Late Night Eating

does anyone have any help on how to avoid late night snacks. I just seem to be really hungry right before I go to bed and am having a really hard time resisting eating. Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    does anyone have any help on how to avoid late night snacks. I just seem to be really hungry right before I go to bed and am having a really hard time resisting eating. Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks
    Plan the rest of your day around that time. If you're eating under your caloric maintenance it doesn't matter what time you eat or what you eat.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    I drink water or eat something low cal and lite before bed. For the most part though I think about how much less (if any lol) I will weigh in the morning so I end up just passing out and forgetting about the hunger lol.
  • Why avoid them? I just save up some calories so I can have a little snack.
  • I try to eat a really good dinner but, since we don't usually go to bed until 12:00 or 1:00, that doesn't always work. Try fruit or veggies... maybe even a glass of water to make you feel full (plain water is unappealing sometimes, so I add a bit of lemon, maybe even Equal or sth). My gf just drinks water and goes to sleep. Just my thoughts...
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    have a glass of warm skimmed milk , that will make you feel fuller before you go to sleep , works for me :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    There is no need to avoid it as long as it's in your calorie goal. Meal timing and meal frequency don't affect weight loss. But you can eat higher protein and higher fat foods throughout the day if you have sleep issue because you eat before bed.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If you can manage it in your food plan, a hard boiled egg kills any hunger pangs I have any time of day.. that's 70 calories. Also, fat free greek vanilla yogurt does the same for thing. 100 calories.
  • If you have a juicer or a Nijah blender, or just a blender. Blend one carrot one apple with the skin and two stalks of celery and a half cup club soda or filtered water. It will fill you up and help you sleep. If you like spice add either tspn of cinnimon or giner or if you like it hot add cyanpepper. You can make batches ahead of time it will keep in the fridge for three days.
  • There is no need to avoid it as long as it's in your calorie goal. Meal timing and meal frequency don't affect weight loss. But you can eat higher protein and higher fat foods throughout the day if you have sleep issue because you eat before bed.
    Totally agree

In our family we don't eat before 9pm and I usually eat past 10pm but I don't see any problems with it. If that were the case then Spain & Latin America would have the highest obesity rate but these countries have low obesity rates. Also agree on the high protein foods throughout the day which we all should do.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    I save my calories till the evening because it is my hungry time too. It doesn't matter when you are eating your calories. I don't eat when I am not hungry and save the calories when I am.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    If you really are hungry because you're under your calories for the day, then others are right, you should probably just have a snack.

If you're like me, and you're just eating because you're releasing stress at the end of a long day, or you're bored or lonely, and you're eating more than your daily calories allow for....don't do it. Things that work for me are folding laundry or reading a book. If all else fails, I just go to bed!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    have something high in protein...i am usually hungry at night because i work out late so i usually save one of my shakes for that time.