HELP with find Optimum Whey in Australia

Options
Hi!

So I wanted to buy some Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard. Now I went on amazon.com thinking that i can get a good deal on there for 5 pounds of milk chocolate whey protein, which I could. it was $65-ish AUD which is a lot more cheaper than you find in retailers ($100-ish AUD for 5 pounds). Problem is, this particular product DOES NOT ship to australia, for some reason. Anyway, any AUSTRALIANS know where I can get a good price on this product online or offline, similar to the amazon listing? (I live in Western Australia)

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    They don't sell it on the australian store too. Whats with these sites not selling good whey to australians lol
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm of no help then lol
  • carlom18
    Options
    anyone? LOL man, might have to pay full retail price...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Import duty restrictions. Retailers have to pay out the a** for any cow-related products from the US, partly because of the fear of mad cow and partly because you guys have more cows than humans, and they're protecting the Australian beef and dairy industry. Australian retailers can't eat the cost so they have to up the price to cover the fees, and US websites can't eat the cost to ship it to you because they wouldn't make any money on it. Blame your government and cow lobbyists.

Really sorry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Amazon..but not sure what the shipping restrictions for you will be on that...
  • carlom18
    Options
    Ah well! It's ok I found an ok deal on ebay. Thanks all!