always freeeeeeezing!!

Options
Since losing weight has anyone else seemed to be super cold ALL the time??

Replies

• cem9532
    cem9532 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I havent got to that point this time, but I remember a few years back I had lost 30lbs and could not warm up for anything. We were in florida, during 4th of july, and I would be wrapped in a blanket any chance I got.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    YES, it felt like the cold went straight to my bones. I suppose in my case 5stone would of given me a lot of extra insulation lol
  • cardgirl48
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked. When I started dieting I was cold all the time. you could have a low thyroid and not know it.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    98% of the time- yes
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used to hate people that complained of cold all the time - and now that is me!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used to hate people that complained of cold all the time - and now that is me!

^Ditto! Less fat is covering me, so I've lost some insulation! :P
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I was and it turned out I was iron deficient I started taking a multivitamin and an iron supplement.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining about this last night! I used to be hot almost 98% of the time now I am just freezing my but off even when it's not too cold out. :huh:
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It started the only other time I lost weight as a teenager, I was one of those big guys that could wear shorts in the snow. And even after I gained it back over several years I still felt much colder than I did previously.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me too! I had to get an electric blanket so I could sleep. I also have low platelets (thin blood) which make it a little worse in my case, but I noticed a huge difference when fall hit this year. Definitely the lack of fluffy insulation. I hate winter!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked. When I started dieting I was cold all the time. you could have a low thyroid and not know it.
    This! Very important to get checked. Before I got diagnosed I wore sweaters in 90d weather!!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes. I wear layers, many layers! At work I have my space heater on the entire day and sometimes will wear my coat the first hour I'm at work. I dread going outside when it's cold which is hard to avoid since I live in North Dakota:)
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    All the time! I don't know the reason but I do know that in the past I've been slightly anemic. Being cold sure beats the hot flashes and sweats from when I was over 200 lbs.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhh how i miss those days!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    YES! I thankfully live where it's warm 75% of the time but when it gets below 50 here, I am absolutely miserable outside. Cannot deal.... which seems sort of silly because I grew up in PA and it's damn cold there! I just cannot handle it. I am actually looking forward to getting our 90 degree days back. Cannot wait.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yes! I sleep with 3 blankets and have my space heater blasting on me in my cube right now. Still, it's well worth the missing 25 lbs!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Yep, I drink 3 liters of water a day and thought that was making me cold
    Then I went from 1200 to 1440 calories and I'm not NEAR as cold!!!
  • Garnet2727
    Garnet2727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here in my home office wearing sweats and a hoodie. I've got a space heater cranked up to full blast. Yeah, I'm cold a lot!
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This! Very important to get checked. Before I got diagnosed I wore sweaters in 90d weather!!

I agree, i had a underactive thyroid for years and only got diagnosed 2 years ago after always feeling cold and tired!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me :) once I had lost about 30lbs I noticed I was feeling the cold a lot more. Usually in my toes. I even started wearing socks when in bed!