Do you take anything to supress your appetite?

Options

Replies

• dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

NO. :angry:

ETA: If you truly are hungry, and not just eating out of boredom, then eat something. It's not good to go hungry.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    food
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, not eating suppresses some people's appetites. That's why some people like Intermittent Fasting (IF), which is essentially a time-shifting method of eating. You eat all the calories you're supposed to for your diet, but you don't eat all day long. It's the constant eating that causes hunger, as well as the making of bad choices. Eating breakfast often makes me hungrier and causes me to eat over the course of the day.

There's an IF group here and there's a lot of information available on the web.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Exercise - it won't suppress your appetite, but it will let you eat more and still get to your goal. It's kind of nifty that way.
    ^^ Ditto. And exercising can actually also help keep your appetite in check :)
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. I just eat another apple, apples apples apples, lol,, I typically eat 3-4 a day......... The real deal behind that is I started doing that to replace donuts about 9 months ago. Now I maybe eat a donut 2-3 a month if that. Compared to the 2-3 a day I used to eat.

That's a lot of apples, no?

It is a lot of apples, lol.. All I know is I'm down 5 belt loops and feel a lottt better these days :) dang it , now I want a apple!!! lol....
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

NO. :angry:

wow thanks for that helpful input...

I wasn't asking for the nearest shop to buy diet pills at - I am just trying to make the best choices with food that I can to make that part of this process as easy as possible and I thought the best way would be to ask the experts AKA you guys who have already started!!

Thanks to everyone who has given advice. All appreciated. I have see quite a few great ideas which I will be putting into practise. Thank you x
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. I just eat another apple, apples apples apples, lol,, I typically eat 3-4 a day......... The real deal behind that is I started doing that to replace donuts about 9 months ago. Now I maybe eat a donut 2-3 a month if that. Compared to the 2-3 a day I used to eat.

It is a lot of apples, lol.. All I know is I'm down 5 belt loops and feel a lottt better these days :) dang it , now I want a apple!!! lol....

At least its not carrots or you would be orange by now :P Congrats on your loss!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

apples are a great food. i read somewhere once that an apple has as much energy as a can of soda, so i swapped out my 3pm coke with an apple. plenty of energy.

do not be intimidated by the sugar in fruits. they are good for you. most fruits have plenty of fiber and vitamins that balance out the sugar intake.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thank U Captain,, that's good to hear!!! Dude so you ran the Spartan?? Good Stuff. I'm going to do my first Warrior Dash on April 27th.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Thank U Captain,, that's good to hear!!! Dude so you ran the Spartan?? Good Stuff. I'm going to do my first Warrior Dash on April 27th.

train hard, and trust in your training.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    A nap for me usually works. I don't eat in my sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/top-25-natural-appetite-suppressants I posted this on another thread recently. These are the kinds of foods to stick to to help you feel fuller, longer.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yeah, food.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    yeah, food.

I was about to type this...seriously...You are rubbing off on my Yoovie..lol :D
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    if you would eat a lots of protein, that would supress your appetite. So it is kind of natural, since it is food, LOL
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    well i eat triple green tea fat burner pills :) all it is is green tea extract, and wih a little excersise, it works like a charm!
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I also drink coffee or hot tea at work. At night I use Decaf coffee with a tiny bit of creamer just to keep me from snacking.

There is also high protein hot chololate that is great, about 80 calories, and 12 grams of protein.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are a natural appetite suppressant. Seven or eight unsalted peanuts 30 minutes before meals will reduce the amount you eat.

And snack on things that take more effort to eat, like carrots, apples, celery, etc... That way you avoid 'empty calories', you fill up more because there is more bulk per calorie, and because you eat slowly, you give your brain a chance to catch on that your stomach is full before you eat way more than needed.