tattoo's and weight loss

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
so i'm getting a tattoo, and tomorrow is weigh in day... how much should i subtract from my weigh in, due to the new ink?? plus the swelling and the ointment i put on.

is a pound okay??

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would go with 1 lb 3.2oz, just what I usually do!
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    don't be such an idiot.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Gee, I don't know... You might want to ask the artist how much the ink weighs. Otherwise, just subtract 2-3 pounds.:glasses:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Completely depends on the size of the tattoo and whether you bleed or not... blood is heavier once outside the body :wink:
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I dont drink a drop of water for about 5 days after a tattoo I want my body to really absorb the ink, I heard this makes it less likely to fade.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    is this a serious question? I dont think you need to subract anything, unless you're getting a full back tattoo.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    will you be going #2 before or after the tattoo or weigh in?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there's any difference in the molecular density of pigments so at least you don't have to worry about getting proportions for colors right. I'd recommend you just get a digital scale accurate to 0.001 grams and just weigh all the equipment and ink and wiping rags before the tattoo, and after the tattoo, and add the delta in the weight to your own. You'll probably have to give it a few days to normalize because as you mention there will be localized water retention as the body tries to heal. I think you should offset around 1 pound, 3.2 ounces or so.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    is this a serious question? I dont think you need to subract anything, unless you're getting a full back tattoo.

are you flirting with me??
  • __RANDY__
    Options

But if it were a full back tattoo how much do you think he needs to subtract?
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This one almost had me spewing coffee out of my nose!!! :laugh:
  • monjacq1964
    Options
    that's ridiculous. Dehydration can only have a negative effect on your body, and your healing process. You should eat and drink well after a tattoo, the same as you should after any injury to your body (ie surgery, wounds, piercings, etc)
  • monjacq1964
    Options
    a litttle bit.
  • monjacq1964
    Options

well, if its a female tattoo artist, and he's naked, then 2lbs.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

well, if its a female tattoo artist, and he's naked, then 2lbs.

What does her Gender have to do with it!? That's sexist!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Depends which colours you use. Everyone knows red weighs more.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    so i'm getting a tattoo, and tomorrow is weigh in day... how much should i subtract from my weigh in, due to the new ink?? plus the swelling and the ointment i put on.

is a pound okay??

The Jets suck.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have a diet tattoo... or you can get a tattoo of a feather that will lighten you up a pound or two
  • __RANDY__
    Options
    Dehydration can only have a negative effect on your body, and your healing process.

hydration is over rated
  • __RANDY__
    Options
    The Jets suck.

QFT