I'm 5'3"

Options

Replies

• jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i have found that after pregnancy all the weight kinda shifts around and redistributes.. like i'm about the weight i was right before i got pregnant but my face looks smaller and my hips, thighs, belly are bigger! can't even get into the pants i wore.. but at least head shots look good =) right now i'm at 145ish but for my height should probably in the 130 range or below.. haven't been there since college? i've never been a slim type anyhow-- i have an "athletic" build .. would love to get in my size 8 jeans again.. right now i hover between 10 and 12.. anyone else find that after pregnancy your body just isn't built the same?

jonesie: awesome weight loss!
    Julie: just keep plugging on!

I'm right there with you. I've had 2 kids and both were c-sections. I have a large frame and athletic build so my doctor said around 145-155 would look right for me. Before i had kids i was shaped like an upsidedown triangle with very broad shoulders. Now i'm actually a square lol.My measurements are almost all the same :). I currently weigh 161 and wear a size 10 comfortably. I only want to lose about 7-10 more pounds and be a size 8!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and I hear you on the pregnancy redistribution! I'm back to my ppw now, but that's still too heavy! My problem is that I had twins, so I have a apron of "twin skin" that I think will need surgery to look decent again. Boo!

They say if you rub oils, vit c, lanolin etc like a massage twice daily for as long as you can stand it lol it will start pulling that skin back in and healing it....might not fix it all but it should help :)
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and I have some pics from my trainer that I'll be posting soon - we take monthly pics, in the hopes that I'll be able to see progress in pictures that I don't see in the mirror. I started at 420 lbs, May of 2011. I'm down to 350, and I've lost most of it since March of this year - I was at 400 when I started with a weight loss competition through my work. My ultimate goal is 180, which though it's still considered obese for my height, I want to see what I look like at that point, before I try to lose any more weight. You're welcome to friend me, too. :) I'm always happy to have more friends/more motivation/more people to motivate! :)
  • libbyr80
    Options
    This is an in progress pictures.

Starting weight 167
    Picture weight 131
    Current weight 124
    Goal weight 120

Good luck!!!!

2012-04-09.jpg
  • Shal1217
    Options
    I don't have any progress pictures since I'm just starting but I'll make sure to post when I do! I'm 5'3", currently 135lbs and aiming to get down to 155lbs or so.
  • rebeccarhue
    rebeccarhue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Athletic pear shape here. Broad shouldered. Anyway, currently weigh 141lbs down from my highest which was 223lbs..I have had three pregnancies, my last one was a twin pregnancy. They are now 3 years old. I am smaller now than I was in high school. I'm trying to tone everything up and drop down another 10lbs if I can.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    5'3 at 130 ish.

Aiming 115-120.
  • showard82
    showard82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The pregnancy redistribution stuff is so true! I have a whole closet full of pants that I can no longer wear becuase my butt is bigger (not in a good way!) and my hips seemed to have spread. I would love to be able to wear them again- hence my membership here! Being short and pregnant is rough!
  • emmylouwho__
    emmylouwho__ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 new here!
    Started working out 10 days ago... so far not a pound lost, but going strong

feel free to add me!!!! :) Its nice to have a good emotional and encouraging support!!!!
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am 5`3" and have lost 83 lbs since Aug of 2011 on here. My current pic is my profile pic and I have a few lovely (NOT) pics in my profile. Good luck, we can do this! I have 24 more to go.
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5' 3" and have not yet reached my goal. I had an all time high of about 225 lbs. I lost about 60 +/- a few years back and now I'm going for my ultimate goal weight. I've been back on MFP for a little more than 4 months. I started at 163 lbs. and am down to about 127, I don't weight in all the time so I'm down more than is reflected on my profile. My goal is 115 although I could ultimately have it anywhere between 110 and 118. My first pics are from about 163 lbs. and the more recent ones are from a few pounds ago.

The good news about being vertically challenged (ha, ha) is that every lb. we lose we can really tell!!!

Good luck to everyone and congrats for being dedicated enough to be on this amazing site!

Just over 4 months ago:

sharonandsydneywithtext163lb_zps8cf33a65.jpg

Just before a fitness challenge at about 160+ lbs.:

mailgooglecom_zps341c82a3.jpg

Just a few pounds ago:

IMAG0050-1_zpsb7749d4d.jpg

image2big_zps2f2519c1.png

image3big_zps44584c0c.jpg
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2"
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"

Great work everyone! Beautiful photos.
  • ssimmons99
    Options
    I am 5' 3" - my husband and I do a yearly diet to lose all the weight that we gain the previous year.... however I still have had the weight creep. This year I weighed in at 140; I guess the "ideal" weight is 132 - but being high risk for diabetes - I am going for 129 by March 1st.
  • audreylou71
    audreylou71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight is where I am right now, I am at my heaviest. I have tried to loose weight but would yoyo like so many dieters. Your story inspired me.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 :) My pics are in my profile.

My current pictures is at 177 taken 2 weeks ago, black dress was taken a while back believe I was 264 but unsure.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I just started. I'm 4"7 215lbs. :drinker:
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 i dont have befores and afters yet but im working hard towards my goal! XD
  • sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    706-Copy_zps8a0ffb34.jpg

Sorry seems to have chopped the last photo. End weight 128.

download1.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!