pilates

Options
thinking of tryimg pilates .....does anyone know if it helps to burn calories as well as tone ??? my routine is pretty much cardio based want to try something toning ???

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used to do (Winsor) Pilates every day. I :heart: ed it and really need to get back in to doing so.
    My body seemed so much "longer & leaner" when I was doing so.
    I've still been doing it, just not as often.
    Hope I was of some help :smile:
    :flowerforyou: T
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a 20 minute workout, and I feel like I'm getting the benefits of toning, but I don't think that it does much in the way of calorie burn for me. I add it to my log, but I probably shouldn't eat the calories from it.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    It is not a huge calorie burn. I think I get like 120 calories for 20 minutes of beginner yoga from what I've googled online.

HOWEVER, Pilates is a great way to work on your core - if you're looking to target your abs this is a great way.

It is also very good for stretching out sore muscles that are tired and tense from cardio and weight training. I usually try to do pilates of my two days that I do not go to the gym. It really helps me loosen up. I normally don't eat the calories burned.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Pilates. Probably my favorite kind of exercise, I feel more "worked" after those than I do my regular crunches and pushups, with less strain.