Measuring

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
How long do you think it takes for one to start showing a difference in inches. I have been counting my calories and exercising for almost two weeks now. I have mostly been running I have been running everyday for the last 8 days and am up to 20.61 miles thus far and I have lost about 8 lbs but NO inches...

Replies

• sculley
    Options
    How long do you think it takes for one to start showing a difference in inches. I have been counting my calories and exercising for almost two weeks now. I have mostly been running I have been running everyday for the last 8 days and am up to 20.61 miles thus far and I have lost about 8 lbs but NO inches...
  • slimsuccess
    Options
    I think you see the inches with strength training.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    ahh, it varies, some people it's fast, others it takes longer.
  • sculley
    Options
    Yeah I guess I should have known that it took a good while to show it when I lost weight almost two years ago. thanks girls for the replies.
  • mzrobbie
    mzrobbie Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello - this is my first post, but I've been at this weight loss game for a lifetime!

Anyway, maybe you've lost inches in places you haven't kept track of? For example, I never notice much difference in my waist when I go up or down a few pounds, but if I measure lower, near my belly button, i notice a much bigger difference. The places where you first notice when you gain weight (be they your belly, butt, thighs, etc) are the places you'll first notice losing weight. Are your clothes - esp jeans! - fitting you better? I think that's the best judge of all!

Congrats on the 8lbs thou - that's wonderful!

Robbie
  • sculley
    Options
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    its only been 2 weeks give it some time. you have to mix strength training with cardio so you burn fat but tone yourself.