Eating at TDEE -15% question

Options
Im 5 lbs from my goal weight, but am honestly happy where I am. I would like to lose the last 5, but my clothes fit, so im not stressing over it. Im training for my first half marathon in March and also doing some strength with weights.

I was looking at the scooby site and Im not sure how to factor in my exercise. Right now, i am a sahm to 2 kids. I am up walking around a good bit of the day chasing after them. I also exercise 5-6 times a week. I usually do 1 strength class, 2 spinning classes, and then run 3 times a week. My running will really amp up with the half marathon training as well.

Im 5'7, 140 lbs

Then my next question is say my tdee - 15% is around 1900. If i set my cals to 1900, what do i do on exercise days when i want to add it to my diary? Just type in 5 mile run for 0 calories?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• BrofessorPHD
    BrofessorPHD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i personally wouldn't worry about tracking calorie expenditure. Just track your food and meet your TDEE for the day.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you like to track your activities, I would do what you said. Or, you could put it in the notes section. I believe there is a notes section for both food and exercise.

ETA-I would definitely go with at least moderately active. If you find that you don't lose fast enough or are losing too fast, then you can adjust from there.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people enter 1 calorie for their burns, just to show their friend that they are working out.