Gaining weight during P90X

karamae
karamae Posts: 136 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey there. So I've noticed I've gained about 5 pounds during the first 2 weeks of p90x. Has this happened to anyone? If so, why would I be gaining weight when I've been watching my caloric intake and working out so much?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    You're probably shocking your muscles with a new workout routine so they're most likely storing water giving you water weight. Give it some time; your muscles will get used to it and you'll lose the water weight.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Intense weight training you're not used to = microscopic muscle tears=body rushes fluid to the damage site (think bruise or twisted ankle)=body retains fluid to protect the damaged area=weight gain. Agree. Do not worry. Your body will adjust and all that water weight will go away. Stay focused and rock on!
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Are you following their food plan? It really works. At first I did not lose weight, but I did lose size...then, bam, the weight started droping. I'm a Beachbody coach, so feel free to contact me with more specific questions.
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Awesome thanks guys! That makes me feel better. :) We are definitely motivated so we'll see what happens!
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks for the add on! You will do great! Keep eating clean 80% of the time and push play every day!
This discussion has been closed.