Will I have sagging skin after weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    As a trainer at my gym told me - if you get sagging skin, fill it up with muscle.

Whoop!
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    So glad you posted this. I was just worrying about this yesterday. I'm down thirty since last year (20 since October 2012) and really would rather stay chubby than have saggy skin. I dont plan to get too small, only about 170 is my goal weight but I am glad to see these posts on things that could help. My hubby agreed I could get a bit of surgery after I reached goal if I wanted... so there is always that option. Thanks for the post though, really helpful!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    As a trainer at my gym told me - if you get sagging skin, fill it up with muscle.

Whoop!

I don't believe that's an answer for everyone. I watched a program called "Too Fat for 15" or something like that. They had extensive cardio and weight programs at a boarding school for obese teens. An 18-year-old who had successfully lost weight after being there for several years said she was going to have skin removal surgery. She was very pretty, looked trim and firm, and I'm sure was in great shape, but she had loose skin.
  • angelinalebedev
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the 100lbs congrats by the way :)