easy meals for work?

Options
I'm currently working 10 hour shifts, and I eat breakfast and lunch at work. I need easy ideas for these meals as well as snacks. I have a good sized cooler (prefer not to use the fridge there- food thieves) and a microwave (sometimes with a bit of a wait). What are your go-to work meals?

Replies

• NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Currently I eat microwaveable soups - Campbell's Chunky Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. Every. Single. Day. Not entirely sure why I'm not sick of it yet.

For snacks I keep a box of granola bars in my desk.

I'd also like to brag that I, for some reason, have a private mini fridge, freezer, and microwave in my office. They aren't mine. They just... came with the office, lol.
  • BrofessorPHD
    BrofessorPHD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    snacks? any sort of fruit...nuts are packed with energy (love almonds) also i usually eat a protein bar...string cheese

food? since no fridge ill let someone else answer that as everything i eat is stashed in there.

maybe some Peanut butter/almond butter sammichs?

a cup of oats for breakfast would be cheap/easy. may not taste the greatest but toss some splenda in it and have the satisfaction of knowing that the complex carb/fiber is very healthy and will fill your gut for hours.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    breakfast: granola, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, bagel thins, english muffins!

lunch: pack a sandwich (look for the 45 calorie bread it's so good), salads, soups, if you have access to a microwave i sometimes bring a vegetable stirfry mixture, i also make a cold oriental salad sometimes which is cold noodles with thinly chopped veggies & a light dressing, i also sometimes make a low cal quesidilla (spelling?!) and pack some salsa with it.

snacks: veggies/pretzels & hummus, 100 calorie packs, granola bars, yogurt, fruit, nuts, cheese.
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    I usually prep stuff once or twice a week and then freeze/refrigerate the leftovers to take to work.

Breakfast ideas: Oatmeal, Bagels, Almonds (or any kind of nuts), Protein shake, Fruit

Lunch ideas: Potatoes, Pasta, Green Giant boxed vegetables, Rice, Chicken, Pork, Beef

Snacks: Rice cakes w/ peanut butter, fruit
  • mjhuddleson
    mjhuddleson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usally eat instant oatmeal for breakfast everyday. It is fast and eay. I have been bringing frozen veggies with me for lunch along with a chicken breast or some other protein to go with it. A bag of frozen veggies can be cooked the night before and put into a couple containers just to grab in the morning. You could also cook chicken or fish in foil packets one night and make each one different (parm chicken, italian chicken, feta chicken) and then have a different tasting meal everyday. I also take string cheese with me to work as a snack and popcorn with the popcorn seasoning.

Also, my doctor said to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. Eating something small and high in protein every 3 hours or so is better than 3 bigger meals. It keeps your metabolism going. Carbs will weigh you down and make you feel more sluggish. Peanut butter with bananas or apples is a good healthy snack too.